What have you played in the weekend?

I didn’t know Steam had any of those.

Doing the parachute drops is kinda fun in that game.

I ended up starting a game of Civilization VI (first time since release I think).

I also remember liking Call of the Juarez: Gunslinger a lot years ago so I started another game of that at the hardest difficulty. It’s hard. No crosshairs, or HUD. I doubt I’m liking it as much as playing on HARD, but I’ve already done that.

I’ve also been dabbling In Bejeweled 3 and some Skyrim SE.

Medal of Honor Airborne (to me) has the best control system of any FPS ever. The use of the analog sticks to move your character when in cover, is something that I can’t believe every single person that’s made a shooter since hasn’t copied.

I also loved their use of the trigger as a sniper. You had to slowly squeeze the trigger.

It’s still my brother’s favorite shooter of all time. I wouldn’t go that far personally, but it’s up there.

It was you who convinced me to get it in the first place, though I’m playing with mouse and keyboard.

Wait what? That’s not a thing using the mouse, but I LOVE sniping. Should I be playing with a gamepad?!

Huh, I think I own Medal of Honor Airborne, maybe I should give it a look. As for what I played, for reasons I can’t completely explain, I played through Dead Space Ignition. Five times. In a weekend. I mean, I guess I can explain it, I did it for achievements, as is my occasional wont. And it’s easy to blow through an entire session in a half hour or so (in fact, one achievement is for beating the game is less than 25 minutes), choosing different options being one motivation for replaying. Plus achievements. Anyway, I meant to get into Soma this weekend, but didn’t happen. OK, maybe later tonight, guess there’s a shred of weekend left.

I have never been able to play a shooter with a controller. I tried COD with my daughters XBox but it just wasn’t easy for me to do. Maybe if I had started with a controller or committed myself to it but I think using the mouse and keypad is just easier.

A quick question for anyone out there who has played Fallout 4. I see they give you power armor really early in the game. I chose to leave it behind, after taking the mini-gun of course. As long as I know where it is should I need it I am fine proceeding without it, right?

Yes- I never use it.

Yeah, you don’t have to take it with you. You can always get it if you want it later.

Wait what’s this about, the game makes you choose between grabbing a mini gun and power armor early in the game? I’d probably never make it past that point, my brain would just fry.

They throw a Deathclaw at you real early in the game and then give you power armor to take him down. The deathclaw was a bitch but I chose to do him without the power armor.

They also throw crafting at you real early. I may do some crafting but for the most part that doesn’t interest me.

No, you don’t need to take 1 or the other. You can take both and neither too.

Well now I’m thoroughly confused. I thought it was understood that if someone offers you power armor and a mini gun you say Yes please!

It’s complicated by the fact that every moment you use the power armor, you’re using power. And power cartridges are limited.

Personally, I used enough power to walk every power armor I found back to Sanctuary (my home base). Then I parked it there and never used it again. But if I ever need it, it’s there for me!

I take out the power cartridge when I get it back to base though. Otherwise stupid colonists get it in every time the base is under attack.

OK so I realize this is a lot of dumb questions all in a row but, your colonist buddies can yoink your power armor when you’re not in it? I mean, part of me thinks the idea of seeing someone running past you into battle while you’re all Mad Max going “That’s my car!” is pretty funny. But then on the other hand, not cool! That’s like my freakin’ toothbrush!

The colonists never clean the inside after using it either… so gross.

I catassed LOTRO since I resubscribed last week.

Actually, that’s a lie. I still managed to clean out the litterbox daily, and made a run for milk. So “functional catassed” I guess.

I just thought at this point in the game (very very early) that with power armor I would basically be god. I didn’t think that would be very much fun.