What have you played in the weekend?

And if you plan on playing on your PS4, hey, at least it’s on sale this weekend on consoles as well. Both on PSN and Xbox it’s $30 again. Better than paying full price for Wolf2.

I chose to get the $40 deluxe edition with the DLC included though. I figure $10 extra for the story DLC they’ve planned will probably be a good investment, but we won’t know for sure until it comes out. All the DLC is supposed to be mini-stories where you play as different characters in the resistance against the Nazis.

Gotta save single player gaming! :-)

Wolfenstein 2 is $26+ at cdkeys.com. I’ve purchased maybe 5 things from them without any problems. ooops, I forgot you don’t play on PC - sorry!

Thanks @Papageno @Rock8man and @robc04 for all the tips!
I actually have Just Cause 3 since it was free for PS Plus-members a while ago, so I might give it a go, and wait with Wolfenstein til next year (although it IS pretty ok at one or other discount now at the PS Store).

And no, I don’t have a PC at home… yet :) maybe next year.

Hitting arcade-style games really hard this weekend with Gunbird on Switch, Top Hunter also on Switch and an arcade game in spirit with the party going on in ARMS. Absolutely loving the vertical mode in Gunbird where I’m playing (with scanlines) exactly as intended in the original arcade game. It looks and plays fabulously.

I’m playing local multiplayer games over the internet with my friend using parsec. https://parsecgaming.com/

We’re playing twitch games, and somehow it almost feels lagless. Our multiplayer library just expanded by a billion. Some of the games we’ve tried so far are “Push Me Pull You” (Real mind-bender playing this 2 player with each player controlling both ends of what is normally a 2 player team (using left and right stick)),
Towerclimb, Samurai Gun, and Pyre.

I think we may have lost our friendship over Pyre =)

It’s not capped on PC.

I am playing Quantum Break because it was 12 bucks in humble monthly and I wanted to give it second chance (first time I tried it half a year ago and performance was so bad I refunded it).

And hell, it is great. It now runs perfectly (60fps on ultra preset, which renders 720p and upscales, but still looks great on TV) and I am enjoying it a lot. It has some issues (lack of shooting without ADS, some cringey writing in the TV show part of it) but overall, awesome. The story is surprisingly good. I love time travel theme and so far it is handled impressively here. The TV stuff is decent too and with 20 minutes per episode, does not overstay its welcome.

So yeah, I still love Remedy. Max Payne 1/2, Alan Wake and now Quantum Break, I love these Finns.

Shame QB wasn’t released on Steam and well optimized right away, could have been more successful. Dumb Windows Store.

Thanks!

Hey guys, thought I’d try to progress some in the Wolfenstein the Old Blood campaign, and I had to fight the first big boss you run into (in the tavern). I think some kind of glitch must have happened because he suddenly just disappeared. The dramatic fight music is still playing, but I can’t figure out what to do next. Is this a known thing? I think I just have to fight him again.

EDIT, glad to report that I just reloaded the last checkpoint and he was all ready for me to give the finishing blow. That was definitely some kind of bug.

I played through Tales from the Borderlands, again. Dumb game still makes me laugh.

I am playing Fallout 4 and I have just been asked to run the Minutemen. I don’t want to. I just want to go on killing anything and not worrying about any place/person calling me for help. That sounds like a dreadful way to enjoy a game. Without spoilers if possible, is there any repercussions for not joining a faction. Sure, I won’t be able to call them for help, so what?

A couple of multi-player Dom 5 games, Shadowhand, the Warhammer 40K - Gladius beta, and perhaps seeing what’s so great about AssCreed Black Flag.

Tonight I start Yakuza 0. Plus plenty of drunken PUBG as always.

I’m not sure, honestly.

I plan on playing Grim Dawn and Wolfenstein II, as usual. But I haven’t had much time lately. Plus now my Grim Dawn character is 64, higher than any other character. This is usually where I lose interest because of inventory overload. And that’s certainly a danger this time.

Guess I’ve gotten sucked back into Path of Exile so I will be playing that. And doing some Christmas shopping.

Final Fantasy 6, because for reasons of music I got the itch.

There’s a lotion for that!

An old friend recently gifted me The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel based on an offhand comment I made about liking Persona 4. Some things about me: I do not like JRPGs. I do not like anime. This game is a JRPG with an anime aesthetic. Despite all this and even though the only JRPGs I like are Persona 4 and Space Funeral (which is a deconstruction of JRPGs rather than a JRPG proper), he seems to think I’ll enjoy it. So, I am going to spend my weekend messing around with it. I am hoping for the best, but remain skeptical. Thus far, it feels way more linear than Persona 4, but I’m only a few hours in and, to its credit, no super-annoying teddy bears have showed up. The orb system seems interesting and I love having the option to fast-forward through combat encounters. Maybe I’ll like it after all?

Now that I’ve concluded that I’m not good enough for Nioh I am loving Rimworld which I picked up last week due to the QT3 thread, love the game, surprise after surprise.

Noooooooo!!

Or is that Ni-oooooooooo!