What have you played in the weekend?

I am sick as a sick dog right now, so if I do get the time/energy to play anything, it’ll be this for the blog:

And that’ll likely be it.

Still playing a lot of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but I’ve also just started on Etrian Odyssey V. I’d predict both of those to feature heavily this weekend.

I’ll also play a bit of Shadowhand for something different. Though it’s not grabbing me as much as the previous game, possibly due to the extra layers of randomness they’ve thrown in with the duels.

Get well soon, Brian!

As far as weekend gaming goes, I’ll probably play more Überkommandant missions in W2TNC and go back to AC Origins if time permits.

I’ve been playing Killing Floor 2 (thanks to @Demorve and the Giveaway thread!) It’s a lot of fun, though I can’t help but compare it less favorably to Vermintide, which I think is a better game all around. (Someone on Qt3 commented that the melee in KF2 is better – I’ll have to disagree.) The shooty parts are good though.

Thank you!

You can ignore them, but the main quest may force you to work with them. A big may.

Finally playing MGS5 The Phantom Pain in full swing. Man it started so slow but once the open world and base building open up there are lots of things to play with. The stealth part is actually less robust than Splinter Cell. Snake needs to be a bullet sponge just to get through some nasty mission.

Have some free time this weekend for a change so will be kicking Dark Souls II’s foot with my ass.

Maybe a little Path of Exile which I started playing a few weeks ago and one of a million 3DS or Vita games I have yet to finish.

I will be playing Opus Magnum, Dominions 5 and maybe some lite wargame, in the fashion of Flashpoint Campaigns or Pike and Shot Campaigns.

The duels get quite more strategic later on, but for a big first chunk of the game, they are really halting the progression.

I ended up playing “flash vacation with my family”, so no videogames.

But I hope I’ll get some good time with Nioh and Okami HD soon enough.

I recently picked up DS2 SOTFS on discount and plan to play it after my Fallout 4 run. I have more than 400 hours into DS2 but things change with SOTFS.

I’m playing the SOTFS edition, didn’t realize there were major changes, just thought it was DSII plus DLC. Enjoying it so far.

I played the first DS for about 20 hours and don’t think I got too far, got frustrated and gave up at some point. But funny enough, the harder difficulty in this one is TAUNTING me…DARING me to continue playing, even more so than the first game for some reason.

And so, I’ve died many dozens of times this past weekend but every little bit of progress is so satisfying. I think I am appreciating this style of game a lot more than when I played DS at release. Think I will stick with this one.

It sounds like you’re not running into the point where the game feels sorry for you and stops respawning enemies. It was very humbling for me. At least in the original Dark Souls I got through the whole thing, and the enemies always respawned. In DS2: SOTFS, again and again the enemies stopped respawning, and it felt like the game just beat me and let me move on.

They stop respawning in the original vanilla DS2 game after 15 deaths I think. It did make grinding for souls a pain in the ass sometimes and I did use the aescetic item a few times. DS NG+ has added enemies and I think many of them are in DS SOTFS. Also one guy keeps showing up over and over I think.

I got a e-mail from GOG asking me if I wanted to merge what I had bought from them with my Steam library.

Make your games DRM-free by connecting your Steam and GOG.com accounts

Is there a downside to this?

No.45

You’re kidding, right?

Not really. Seems like a good idea. But then lots of things that sound good to me upon further reflection have problems. Life seems to work like that. :)

Hope to finish up the main story of AC Origins and get a few games of Antihero in.

Grim Dawn, primarily.

Wolfenstein II as well, but I’m stuck in the courthouse level. It’s just so tough! As it should be, given the situation.

Nex Machina when I can squeeze it in. Thanks to a generous gift.

Cuphead if I need to entertain my infant son for a bit. He’s fascinated by the artwork and sound in the game.

Depends on what I buy the next couple of days.