What have you played in the weekend?

I’ll be playing a combination of Horizon Zero Dawn, Dominion 5, and Steamworld Dig 2.

I finished up the ESO Clockwork City DLC this week and started playing West of Loathing and Samorost 3. Those two games both make me happy.

Armageddon Empires (thanks, Tom)

If all goes well, lots of Nioh, Grim Dawn, and The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel.

Last weekend in Diablo 3 I geared up my necromancer, so this weekend I want to go through the remaining objectives in the season journey. I may also play some more Skyrim SE.

Probably a bit more of They are Billions if I find the time. Also giving ESO another chance but to be honest i’m not feeling it.

Railway Empire, some Aven Colony, Antihero, Ass Creed Origins, and a few turns of Chaos Reborn. :)

Subnautica. Kind of got into it over the festive season and totally addicted. Pretty stupid as release is on the 23rd but didn’t know that when I started…

I’ll be playing Work on My Goddamn Online Professional Development Course That I’m Behind on Even Though I Had Six Goddamn Months to Do it But I’m So Goddamn Lazy That I Put it All Off Until the Last Goddamn Month.

It’s a new indie.

Think I have my GAS (gaming attention span) in check for now…managed to put 12 hours into Persona 4 Golden in the last week or so and another 10 into Dark Souls 2, so sticking to those two this weekend (though I put about 15 hours into Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Edition during the Christmas break and just picked up the Icewind Dale EE…and I have very fond memories of that game…hmmmm…)

Going to take another shot at the final campaign in Aven Colony. This time, maybe I won’t let my colonists starve to death. They don’t seem to like it.

Do those play fine on a modern Win10 system without having to do anything with them? And are any changes major ones?

I … I think I may finally be done with Xenoblade Chronicles 2?

Maybe I’ll sneak a quick look, but at the moment I’m pretty heavily into Fallout 4 VR (even though I swore I wouldn’t buy it until it officially supported Rift).

I’m also planning to play a couple quick little tabletop games, like Hostage Negotiator and One Deck Dungeon.

How is Fallout VR on oculus? Workable?

I’ll probably play Tomb Raider 2013 through to the end. I fired it up on Friday and discovered that the last time I’d played it was November 2013 (I’d gotten maybe two hours in). The inclusion in the Humble Monthly reminded me that I had it, so I played the heck out of it last weekend, but didn’t finish. I hope I don’t have far to go–I’m on the beach and going into the wreck of the ship Lara and her group were all on.

A mix of League of Legends (please help I have a problem, Season 8 is starting and I’ve been playing since season 1…) and Tales of Beseria, where I’m just starting, and am not sure if the entire game is a button masher that I’m bad at, or there’s an intricate combat system just below the surface.

Absolutely! Once set up it’s not far off the Vive experience.

You need to:

• use the OpenVR Input Emulator (and the current SteamVR beta that supports it) to enable emulating the Vive wand trackpads.
  • make an ini file change so menu navigation works properly.
  • maybe remap a couple buttons in the emulator to make life easier - the Vive trackpad click is used a lot and maps to clicking the analogue sticks, so I mapped them to the grip buttons and shifted the grip buttons to A/X (which aren’t otherwise used). In typical Bethesda fashion though some UI is hard-coded so you still need to click the analogue in places. :)

Once that’s done it works really well - apart from the map which is still a bit of a pain to navigate, and the fact you need to move the stick each time you want to go up/down one step in a menu (can’t just hold it, and they didn’t implement a pointing system).

The only other thing (which I guess is personal taste), is it has a really strong TAA anti-aliasing solution which practically eliminates shimmering but makes everything quite blurry. I made some ini changes to the TAA settings to sharpen that up.

Thanks for the info! I have been aligned with your viewpoint to date (ie, no rift support, no buy) but I’m weakening… Oh my capricious ways! I enjoyed Fallout 4 a great deal and a VR playthrough is tempting. You enjoying the game itself so far?

Yeah it’s good. It’s pretty much the only massive open world RPG we have on desktop VR so that was a big selling point.

I played the original a fair bit so it’s all very familiar, but actually being in the world adds a lot. The combat is much more frantic and frightening.

VATs is really flakey though and they didn’t (yet?) implement scoped weapons, i.e. no looking through scopes. Apart from that the whole game is there.

I’m struggling up the Chick parabola of Star Fleet Armada. I might get in a little Rimworld too. And as I have been doing for the last month, I’ll play a couple games of Solar Settlers each day.