What have you played in the weekend?

That’s exactly what happened. ;)

Probably some Titan Quest, but maybe more Rise of Nations. I really enjoyed that game.

Hey, a question for you on your experience with Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition, namely, how did it run on your machine?

I decided to fire it up today and run it at 1440p since I have a 1080 and an i7 6700, plus a G-sync monitor even, so I figured it would look/run great. Well, it looks good, but bizarrely, the frame rate is all over the place. Especially when I’m driving, it feels like Wei Shen is regularly lifting his foot off the gas. It’s super strange. Since I’m using G-sync, I made sure to turn v-sync off but it didn’t help.

I don’t know if this comparison is useful since I just have some low-end AMD card that’s 5 year old and I only ran it at 1080p, but my framerate started to drop on “high” graphics level and it was glacial at “extreme”. My framerate didn’t change when I was driving. I did have the problem that when my guy sticks his head out the window to shoot, sometimes he acts like I stopped holding down the button for a moment. I don’t know if that’s a bug in the software or my cheap gamepad.

I just beat the game and I’m quite pleased with it. The ending was silly: After slaughtering your way through the city, killing dozens of people, you’re outraged to find out that your boss is… a cop who thinks the ends justify the means. But by videogame standards I liked the story and characters. The shooting wasn’t great, but the brawling and driving was, and it’s one of the more memorable settings for a game I’ve ever played in.

Planet Coaster
Monster Hunter World
7 Days to Die
and board games…so far.

SUSD didn’t much like this game…:(

EDIT: back on topic, I’ll be playing Pharaoh. That game has it’s hooks into me so deep it’s not even funny…

I’ve had some of the criticisms of the game recounted. They do not match my experience. It is not a game for everyone, though.

Ended up playing loads of Crusader Kings 2 and having a right old time.

So far, Ys Seven and loads of The Division. Heh. Today should be mostly about The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel, since Trails of Cold Steel 2 will come out in Feb 14th and I’d like to finish 1 before that!

Speaking of Ys, lately I’ve been playing that weird NISA ARG where they release a bunch of news on the Ys VIII PC release then take it back a few days later.

Yeah, I’m playing that one too unfortunately. Though the latest delay was kind of good - having Ys 8 and Final Fantasy XII in the same week would be a JRPG overkill. And now with Trails of Cold Steel 2 and Dynasty Warriors 9 in February, and Final Fantasy 15 and Ni No Kuni 2 in March, I’ll be fine if Ys 8 only gets released in July or something. ;)

Somewhat inexplicably, I decided to reinstall Cryptic’s Neverwinter MMO, and get my long dormant two-handed-sword-wielding mutton-chop-wearing dwarf (which looks hilarious) up to the level cap; from 35 to 70. It’s been a brisk experience running through the original PvE content, and interesting to step back into Cryptic’s take on free-to-play: currency bloat, poorly explained systems, lootboxes, yeah. The moment-to-moment gameplay was as fun as ever, though, up until I out-leveled the content I wanted to do, but I’m just five levels from the cap, and two zones short of wrapping up the original areas, so I’ll probably push through the doldrums.

I share your appreciation of the game, and played it through near the time it came out. BTW it’s the darnedest thing about the game’s performance on my rig. I somehow managed to make the problem go away (at least temporarily) by going into the graphics options (basic and advanced), saving them both, quitting the game and restarting it. Then I was back up to 130-some fps (from just over 20). I’m not sure if restarting Steam or the computer resets it so I have to go through the whole thing again.

BTW, before getting the Def. Edition, I’d bought a bunch of DLC for the “old and busted” version, and now when I start that one, the DLC appears to be gone. I know that the other one has all the DLC anyway, but yet more weirdness.

Ok, so I went on a binge the last couple weeks and finished Wasteland 2. Jeebus there is some weirdness in that game, not to mention a twist at the end that cost me a third of my team in the final battle (I don’t want to spoil it for anyone; if you’ve played it before you know what I’m talking about). Game was a bit buggy too, but not nearly as bad as it could have been based on what I’ve read from people that played it early on.

Even with its warts, I had a lot of fun with it. If I knew then what I know now, I’d have built the party completely differently, and not just the NPCs but the core party as well. You really have to spread out the skill sets.

Not gonna have a ton of gaming time this week, so for the blog I’m gonna hit:

For the weekly series, and:

To prep for our podcast with the lead developer next week.

If I have any free time, I’ll likely do more of:

Should hopefully be a good weekend!

I’ll be playing Monster Hunter World.

Also some solo board gaming, I’m thinking A Feast for Odin and maybe Spirit Island.

If all goes as planned, quite a bit of The Division, quite a bit of Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age Remastered, and also The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (gotta try to finish it in two weeks).

EDIT: also, if I find the time, Subnautica! We’ll see.

Grim Dawn, because I killed yet another hardcore character.

Bloodborne DLC, because I need my Souls fix.

Wolfenstein II because I need to kill more Nazis.

Playing “What kind of PC should I buy” so that I can play some of these fancy pants games you all go on about.