What have you played in the weekend?

Yup, as @mrcjhicks said, that would be Neverwinter Nights 2.

Somehow I missed @mrcjhicks response, thanks! Yep it was Neverwinter Nights 2.

Speaking of “playing in the weekend”, turns out all I’ve played was Final Fantasy XII. I’m enjoying it way more than I thought I would. ;)

So I am easily over 100 hours into Fallout 4. I have now reached level 40 and have totally ignored the settlement building. So I figure I will follow the plot and try to find my son. And what is the game making me do but build something. I have no freaking idea how to do it. I tried for an hour last night to power up this device I am supposed to make without success. WTF game?

Can anyone tell me how to “wire up” the device to get into the Institution?

I’ve watched people play Final Fantasy XII. Please explain the allure. Seriously. It seems like an incredible grind.

Do you mean the teleporter thing you need to build? IIRC you need to talk to various faction NPCs. I think each major faction has someone who can help you build it. They will tell you what you need to do.

Ok. First, watching a game and playing a game are two incredibly different things.

Second, one man’s grind is another man’s fun, so keep that in mind.

As for your question… the game just sucked me in for some reason. Soundtrack is great, I’m liking the setup of the game, and the MMO-like combat is actually more engaging than I thought it would be. I want to see how the gameplay evolves as you unlock new skills and characters, how the enemies abilities change the flow of combat as the game progresses. I want to see where the story goes and what happens to the characters. I’m still early in the game (just made it out of the mines in the city in the sky), but I’m really enjoying it. I’m more engaged right now than I was in the first few hours of FF XIII or VI, for instance.

Now, that might change. It might happen that, a dozen or couple dozen hours in, the game loses its momentum and becomes a monumental grind that makes me just give up (looking at XIII right now). But at least so far, I’m in and loving it.

Hope to get lots of time in with Subnautica this weekend ahead.

Been so busy with work, my home PC hasn’t even been powered on since Saturday.

They only tell you three items needed, not how to actually wire the damn thing together. Over two days I have probably wasted 3 hours trying to wire the damn thing together. I have watched two videos and pasted one set of instructions. Apparently there is a precise way of doing it. Since I don’t have a science perk I am now grinding to get two levels so I can get the science perk so I can exactly, word for word, follow a set of instructions I found online. Based on the comments I am not the only person to have trouble with this.

I hope to get a bit of gaming in this weekend, but not a ton. For the blog, I plan to hit:

Plus, if I have time, for myself:

Which as me by the short and curlies right now, big time. Might also get some more time with:

As I’ve been having a blast exploring.

Should be a great weekend regardless.

More Monster Hunter World, because is a great game and I have yet to destroy a lot of pokemon gods.

Zigfrak?! You made this up, admit it!

Anyway I imagine I will continue my march through the neighborhoods of a smallpox-infected Manhattan as I play The Division, and then in my off moments continue building up my fallout shelter in, uh, Fallout Shelter.

I didn’t! It’s been out since 2011!

So a mix of things. Been playing the SNES Classic a bunch, so probably more Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy 6, and Donkey King Country. My son likes playing those with me, but also really loves Mario games, so he’ll probably ask for more Mario RPG

And, if time permits, EU IV of course and more boardgames. If my local store has the pieces at their grand reopening tomorrow, I’ll pick up a few more X-wings, Y-wings, and TIEs and set up a mega Death Star trench run scenario for 4 people.

That one is iffy, because the weather might make travel implausible. Getting lots of snow, already got like 6 inches overnight, with at least that much more coming.

My back has been killing me this week, so I plan to rest all weekend with videogames. Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition, Dragon Ball FighterZ and some SNES Classic Edition will be the choices unless I get industrious with my retro setup for some Viewpoint on Neo Geo CD.

Hopefully lots of The Division, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, and Injustice 2.

It’s Carnival here so if I’m lucky I’ll get some gaming done tonight and maybe on Sunday.

I’m a particularly challenging scenario in Pharaoh, Iunet, which I failed miserably, so I’ll be carefully planning and executing my next attempt.

I’ve been on a Kerbal Space Program kick; I was hoping to do some flying in DCS 2.5, but the Harrier updates have been a little slow in coming and there’s only so much I can do with dumb weapons and limited tutorial options.

In KSP, my plans include a mining/refining base on Minmus and a little probe constellation to Jool. (Hopefully. It depends on what I can put together without having to build a new booster. I’m at that point in the research tree where I need to spend some time actually focusing on science rather than building stuff, which is a bit of a bother.)

I think I need to practice OTC, but I think I will mess around with Total War Arena.

So after finally being able to build the device needed to get into the Institute I figure I will finish up Fallout 4 this weekend.

I will start up either Dragon Age:Inquisition, Mass Effect 4 or Dark Souls 2 SOTFS.