What have you played in the weekend?

In various threads recently I’ve mentioned that I’m having motion sickness problems with Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition-- posted about it on Steam and someone suggested turning off motion blur, which I hope solves it.
Just as an experiment last night I started the original game to play The Year of the Snake DLC (which I’d bought before buying the Def Ed. last Summer Sale), and had no motion sickness at all after playing about an hour. So I guess I’m playing some of that, and starting my taxes.

EDIT: And it appears that turning motion blur off does help! Who knew?

Twilight Imperium 4. I expect it will take the entire weekend.

I’ll be doing a few hunts in Monster Hunter World, and checking out a bit of the new expansion in Civilization VI. I’m also craving some Rimworld, so see how I go.

Because I have an ongoing solo game of Pendragon: The Fall of Roman Britain on the table to finish!

Civ 6 has it’s hooks back in me with the new expansion. I don’t see anything else getting played over the next week or three when I can spare a few hours.

Subnautica, I must build stuff.

Trial version of Shroud of the Avatar. Old school vibes it haz.

Yessss!

Subnautica

Got home from work and started Octogeddon. Several hours later, it looks like I’m on the last mission. So we’ll see what it opens up when you finish the “campaign,” if anything, but I might finish it early in the weekend. Maybe it’s short, but it’s a lot of silly fun.

Nephew has a birthday party this weekend so I might have to drop one.

I’ll probably play some more of my first Civ VI Rise and Fall game. I spent the day today cleaning and watching Sing with my son, so no game time today. Something else may be mixed in but I’m not sure. I haven’t played Horizon Zero Dawn in a while.

This:

Sid Meyers Covert Action

Great game. What got me interested in reversing with those little word puzzles…

Heh. I remember back in 1992 or so, since me and my cousin loved Sid Meier’s Civilization so much, and Sid Meier’s Pirates, we said, everything from this guy seems to be gold. Has he done something else? And we found Sid Meier’s Covert Action at CompUSA, and brought it home. Sadly I had to go back to college the next day, so I never got to see it in action.

What’s the actual gameplay consist of?

It’s a bunch of fascinating spy-focused minigames, really. So great.

One of my favorite games when it came out.

Sid felt it was too disjointed because of all the mini games but I remember enjoying when it came out. Car chases, substitution ciphers, lockpicking?, can’t remember the others

There’s also a good puzzle minigame where you try to get power to flow from one side of a grid to the other.

I think it holds up pretty well today, especially the investigation part of it. I love how you get clues that don’t mean anything on their own, like a name or a city, and if you’re smart you can get a hunch about what’s going on.

It took me until the 2010s but I finally did lock up the last terrorist mastermind and make the world safe for democracy once and for all.

…and then we elected you-know-who anyway just 6 years later.

I started up DS2 SOTFS edition last night. I have played DS2 several times but never this version and never the DLCs. I have started as a warrior but expect to spec him out eventually much more dex than strength.

I’ve been playing too much Neverwinter. No good reason for it.
But, I also finished the main game in Yonder, and want to dabble around some more with the intent of achieving the end game goals.

Well I signed up for the Game Pass so I guess I guess I should start using it. Is the Sherlock Holmes game The Devil’s Daughter any good?

I got my new laptop well ahead of schedule (old one died yesterday, so we had to fast-track a new one), so I’ll be checking out all sorts of stuff on there, I guess! At the very least, I expect to play Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code, League of Legends, and Guild Wars 2.