What have you played in the weekend?

I realize it’s not what you asked, but I have played a little KotOR through backward compatability on the Xbox One. Still a really fun game but some of its functions haven’t aged too well and man, that swoop racing is still no fun.

Final Fantasy XV on PC.
Now that the save patch for Kingdom Come: Deliverance is here, that’s a possibility too.

Mongoose Traveller pnp RPG, with my son :) We are off to a jungle world!

Oh, did they finally relent and put in a save-anywhere patch AS THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE ALL ALONG? Sheesh, when will some devs get it. People have real lives they sometimes have to get back to, like, immediately.

No, they added “save on exit”. Which is the minimum I needed. :)

Tentatively, my gaming plans for this weekend are Overwatch and Final Fantasy XIV, but I might end up streaming stuff, at which point anything goes.

Into the Breach. On easy. Baby steps.

So much Zelda. I’m going through (finally) and collecting the DLC stuff, it’s been a delight so far, the things out there are so challenging and powerful but I have such amazing gear, it’s the best end-game RPG stuff I’ve ever seen.

Enjoy some screenshots!

I decided against buying that Gas Guzzlers Extreme Star Deal on Fanatical but decided to keep playing Forza Horizon 3 instead. Might also continue my AC Origins game as well.

Returned to Distant Worlds after a long hiatus. Need to relearn it. Such an amazing thing.

Brian likes this post.

Started playing Subnautica this last week - it has got its story and crafting and exploration progress really nicely in sync. Lots of good fun.

I’m trying to finish Bayonetta on PC, having started it ages ago but forgot about it. I guess I got too used to playing shooters on KB+M, because my thumb hurts after just an hour on a gamepad.

Ended up getting a beta key for It Lurks Below, so spent the evening playing that. Also played a skirmish match with the Empires Apart beta, and a skirmish in Northgard.

It was a stimulating mix of Into the Breach and Has-been Heroes, the latter a game that should have been on my best of 2017 list, if I had understood how it was supposed to be played 5 hours of game-time earlier! It’s the Victoria of roguelites.

Rhamorim likes this post too.

Finally got around to playing Spirit Island. Very good so far, some really interesting combinations with the different spirits and power cards.

How did your sessions go? I finally beat the game a second time.

I also tried my hand at the challenge scenarios but couldn’t figure out the strategy for the first one. You get a preset config of heroes and spells but the spells don’t recharge like normal and one of them, poison, is pretty effective at whittling down hit points but will also affect your characters if they touch the inflicted and I’ve actually lost several times by killing my own team off!

I cleared the game for a second time yesterday as well. It is such a smart game.

The challenge scenarios seem very different from the main game. As you said, in the first one you have to figure some weird counter-intuitive interaction combo (surprise! you have to figure the way to spread poison without poisoning yourself.), apply it at the right time and then pray the damage RNG is on your side. I fear this might be what each level will be about. It is the sort of reverse-engineering puzzles I personally loathe.

This weekend coming up shall be Vermintide 2 and Surviving Mars!