What have you played in the weekend?

It’s going to be our comp stomp monday game. I have never played, but should be fun.

Feel free to join us.

I’ve started playing Assassin’s Creed Black Flag. After Metal Gear Solid 5, as an open world stealth game, it is just crap. Melee combat has none of the Arkham games’ flow and excitment. There is also that Ubisoft icon hunt that is just tiring. I’m still in Havana but I’m bored already. I’ll just give it some more time (MGS5 didn’t click for me until the base is opened up, which is some 5 hours into the game.)

I’ve been spending the past few weeks on Rance 10 - which is the final game of a long running Japanese PC H-RPG series.

In a way it’s an expanded remake of Kichiku Ou Rance, which was a strategy game released over 20 years ago and it’s really interesting how this game treats an end of the world scenario than a game like Dragon Age 3. I might post more on it later for those interested.

Space Tyrant has its (his?) claws in me.

I spent a few hours playing A Way Out with a friend, and I really have to recommend this game for anyone who has a friend or partner or to play with. A lot of fun co-op here and decisions to be made together.

I was busy liberating Eqypt in ass creed. It is fun. The gameplay is decent enough even with mushy feeling controls, but the world is the star of the show here. Whatever the heck the UbiSoft openworld engine does, it does it well. Beautiful game.

On my second playthrough of Subnautica. Have everything done, just puttering around making bases in weird spots now for no apparent reason. I toyed with the idea of working on a speed run, until I started watching some speed runs lol.

I did play quite a bit of Ni No Kuni 2. Other than that, just a little bit of Into the Breach. That’s pretty much it. Hopefully I’ll get more gaming time this weekend.

Really enjoying Subnautica, still avoiding any discussion of the game until I’m finished, though.

I played board games. Lots and lots of board games. Railways of the World Eastern US map and Europe map. Brutal fights, wonderfully tight games.

Sushi Go a nice wind down game and filler type. Good for between big games.

And a Death Star Trench run scenario in X-wing.

I lost almost every game, and couldn’t be happier.

Also that game of RotW? Yeah, that is one person with 11 shares. Which is… a lot. We had 11, 10, 7, and 5 shares. I’ve played the game a lot and never seen that.

I really like their business model too. Apparently only one person needs to own the game. Then you can send an invite for a friend to join coop, and when they get the invite, they’ll be able to download the game and play it, as long as it’s in Coop with someone who owns the game.

Wow, really? In that case if anyone buys on Xbox and needs a partner, I’m your huckleberry.

I went back to the old Impressions city builders. Pharaoh and Children of the Nile didn’t hold up for one reason or another, but I spent quite a bit of time on Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom. I am a bit more annoyed at how unpredictable the walkers are than I used to be, but I still like to see my city grow and evolve into a beautiful garden.

Wait, WHAT? That sounds too good to be true. But also a bit like something Josef Fares would come up with. This is great, will have to try it asap =)

It’s not the weekend, but it is Easter so that counts.

StarCraft the Board Game:

Crazy amounts of stuff. This is in round three. So far way more fun than the computer game. Manages to channel the feel (as I remember it from HOLY SHIT I AM OLD) quite well.

Even if I didn’t already know this, all I would need to do is look at that photo to know I’m looking at a Fantasy Flight boardgame.

So much STUFF!

Although it’s not technically “playing”, I’ve been really enjoying reading the stories of Qt3 playing Sea of Thieves. I’m really impressed by all the dynamic stories a unique game like that is generating. It’s just very cool that a game like that exists, and I’m just admiring it from afar right now.

I’m planning on spending the non-family related Easter parts of my weekend on a new playthrough of Darkest Dungeon on radiant mode. I adore the first 10 hours of the game and I’m hoping radiant takes out the grind in the later stages. Ideally, I would be able to assault the darkest dungeon after killing the level-one bosses, but I doubt radiant scales experience so radically as to allow for that.

Busy weekend for me, so for the blog, I’ll likely only get this in:

I’m finally starting the whole series, beginning with this one (the Upper Memory Block’s WC2 playthrough inspired me), of course. I hope it holds up to nostalgia. I’ll tell y’all though, it sounds GREAT with an actual Roland MT-32. :)

If I have any other time, I’ll keep playing this:

It totally has sucked me in. SO GOOD.