What have you played in the weekend?

Skyrim VR.

On the table, some 7th Continent and/or Dungeon Alliance.

Through The Ages and Battlefleet Gothic Armada

Struggle for the Galactic Empire is on the table.

Playing the phuck out of XCOM 2: THIS TIME IT’S PERSONAL, COMMANDER

It took me a really long time to get back into a turn-based groove, but this game pretty much can’t do any wrong.

Have you played it before? Let us know how it goes. My copy is partially punched and clipped but I guess I got sidetracked…

wow, I always wondered how it would play with a vive. The immersion must be immense!

First time for me as well! I will let ya know how it goes!

More Mafia III for me. Love the voice acting, the soundtrack, and the story so far. Wish they’d toned down the “washed out for nostalgia” visual effect. Does anyone know of a mod that takes that away?

So far: Ni No Kuni 2, Final Fantasy XV, Elite: Dangerous, and Into the Breach. A little bit of each.

Though I just reached Fall in Stardew Valley this week, so I guess that’s what I’ll play next. Or not. I’ll let you know. ;)

Not playing, but creating a test demo in RPG Maker MV. Custom graphics are working okay. Need to add/insert a tactical TBS plugin still.

First session of our D&D 5e Tomb of Annihilation campaign.

Nifty! I’ll be curious to hear what you think of 5E. Opinions among my gaming friends have been divided.

We played a bit of it before, I am a huge fan. The feel of 2e with the right system lessons learned from 3e and 4e.

That said, my perspective is that edition wars are dumb (queue the Dungeon Bastard video on the topic), and think all editions have a lot of stuff going for them.

Well… I guess the petty part of me would find some fun in observing an edition war between Pathfinder 1e and 2e fans :)

So, I wasn’t sure what I was going to play today.

And then, just because, I decided to reinstall Anno 1404.

BIG mistake. ;)

I played some Lost Castle, thanks to @Durns. A nice little beat’em’up roguelite, distracting for a few hours, but too repetitive to justify the crazy grind inside.
I jumped into 3030 Deathwar Redux. Wonderful atmosphere, but a lot of the controls feel unintuitive. I am unsure yet as to how to fire the weapons I bought in defense — for the time being, I hide behind space stations like a microhylid under her tarantula.
And Slay the Spire dailies. I love this game very much.

I played AER, from the latest humble monthly. Enjoyable - played through in an evening.

I played through Never Alone this weekend. I liked its storytelling, it was cool going through an old native Alaskan myth. But I didn’t really like the way the game played, mainly its controls. It was sometimes hard to do something even if I knew what to do, I didn’t always know exactly how.

This was also my experience: we went in expecting a relaxing experience, and the atmosphere was wasted by all the swearing aimed at controllers or each other that was taking place in the room.

I don’t remember having any problems with the controls. I played Never alone in a group setting at Thanksgiving a couple of years ago. I was the person on the controls, with the whole family watching the story unfold, and telling me what to do. I do remember dying occasionally and everyone telling me not to fall down that way. It was all quite amusing. We all loved the experience.

I lack the vocabulary to adequately explain my experience with Never Alone but the best I can do is say that I could never turn off my conscious brain, never let my thumbs and fingers go on instinct. I was always consciously thinking about how to position the character, be sure I was turned the right way, angled the right way to use the bola. In scenes where I needed to maneuver the girl and the fox in coordinated effort I had a really tough time. I liked the game but I would say I did so in spite of itself. It didn’t do much to meet me halfway.