What have you played in the weekend?

As I said, Injustice 2 mostly. Got Enchantress to level 20. Lots of fun.

But I didn’t play as much as I’d like, because my PC was acting up. That got me kind of tense and bummed, since I’m not sure I can afford a new one, and I depend on it a lot, so… yeah. It’s hard to have fun when you’re anxious and sad.

Ended up playing more Batman Arkham Knight. It’s all right although I could have done without all the Batmobile stuff.

BTW, you can’t shoot the aerial drones with the Batmobile’s main gun, can you?

You can if you have the right angle on it, I think I was able to shoot 1 down, the rest were glide/gel take downs.

I tried doing the glide/gel one, but I couldn’t get high enough. I think it might be dependent on having the “fly higher” grapnel boost.

Started on Dying Light last weekend, and it’s been a mixed bag so far. The parkour was good, but the combat was disappointing. I would run out of stamina trying to take down a single zombie, and weapons needed repair after 3-4 zombies. I really enjoyed the melee in Dead Island, so I thought it would be a slam dunk here. Maybe I’m doing it wrong, or maybe I’m just supposed to run from everything, but fighting the zombies seems like a real chore so far.

Once you level up a bit and craft better weapons, combat gets easier and you are less winded by every encounter.

The early game is really rough. You’re smacking zombies with rotten two-by-fours and rusty pipes.

That being said, you’re still not a god when you’re smacking zombies with aluminum baseball bats customized with Awesome and Win. The zombies remain a little spongy.

Humans are no longer a factor once you get a good assault rifle.

I have a busy weekend, so for the blog, I need to do a 5-part series of this:

Plus one video at least for each of these:

If I have any time left over for myself, definitely more of this:

And likely some of this, which I just got, and is fairly janky, but super satisfying:

Yay weekend!

I’ve been playing a bit of In Death of late, which is a first person VR rogue-like where your only choice of character class is ‘Archer’. ;)

It’s tough as nails and great fun, but unfortunately super stingy with rewards and everything starts feeling samey pretty quickly.

I didn’t realize Lord of the Rings: War in the North was an action RPG. I had it confused with Battle for Middle Earth, I think. It’s already in my Steam library, so everything else is getting put in the backseat for a bit while I see if this is any good.

It was quite ok. Played it MP, which made it better.

I always meant to play that eventually, since it was by the same developers who made the excellent Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance, which is the first great Diablo-like ARPG on console.

I’ll play some Cogmind, some Dead in Vinland (a mean little game it seems to be, but I only scratched it so far) and Escape Goat 2.

I think I’ll lay to rest For the King this weekend. If I remember, Tom likes to define a game as player’s frustration management. For the King walks that line so finely, it might be a design wonder on that front. But that love-hate relationship sure is exhausting to a casual player like me.

Final Fantasy VI, and Megaman X on the SNES Classic, assorted boardgames, and perhaps some EU IV

I never planned to play it, but since I got Destiny 2 from the Humble Monthly deal I intend to try it out this weekend. I don’t have any high expectations though since D1 was such a slog to play through (hell, I didn’t even bother to finish the campaign).

I’m also going to check out the new map for PUGB on their Experimental Server, which is a nice change from the other two much bigger maps.

Finally, I’ll be checking out Hyper Sentinel on Xbox, which looks to be a nice modern update of Uridium on the C64. And speaking of shooters on the Xbox, I’ll continue upgrading my ship in Sky Force Anniversary. That’s a great game when you just want to spend 30 minutes on shooting stuff old arcade style while still working on collecting stars which is used for upgrades.

Cool, I saw that in the game pass lineup, was thinking about trying it out.

It’s worth checking out, but just know that it’s more in line of 80s arcade shmups like 1943 and Flying Shark (Sky Shark in the US) than 90s Japanese bullet hell shmups, and with a persistent upgrade system.

Looks like Thea this weekend, unless the Civ VI update pulls me in.

More Bloodborne: Old Hunters DLC for me.

Plus this week I bought the DLC for Aaero. I got 5 stars yesterday for all 3 songs on Normal finally.

And finally, I was making great progress in Firewatch until yesterday. I’m completely stuck with nowhere to go. I’m trying to resist looking it up on the internet, but I might have to, despite this being the easiest game in the world, it might actually defeat me.

Pillars of Eternity 2, despite finding more and more jank (lol) I am enjoying the game.