What have you played in the weekend?

With a long weekend starting today (Thu-Mon here in Norway), I wish I could play State of Decay 2 like, what seems, everybody else, but I’ll have to wait until Tuesday for that one. I will, however, test the Descenders trial on Xbox One. It looks like fun, but I’m not 100% sold on the random tracks. I also reinstalled Battlefield 4 on my PC, as I’m eager to play some modern combat BF (been awhile). Not sure about the install base though, or if it’s hacker’s paradise these days, but hopefully it’ll be fine. I think I’ll also continue with my Destiny 2 playthrough on PC, but honestly, playing it solo is kind of a slog so I’ll probably be playing PUBG with some friends instead.

I’ve played this on PC and it’s GREAT. The tracks are a lot of fun.

More Mass Effect:Andromeda for me. I just try not to look any character straight in the eye. :)

Imma fly some DCS, fly some more DCS and then to top it all off, imma fly some DCS.

Finally worked out how to use Lesbian Gay Bombs properly and blowing up large ammodumps with them never gets old :D

I guess that makes your A-10 an LGBT (… Truck).

Well, just got two emails boom-boom that tell me I could play either Shadow of War or Rainbow Six Siege for free this weekend but I probably won’t. Need to wrap up my State of Decay campaign before I dive into the sequel.

Wait, who’s offering a free weekend of Shadow of War? Is that on console or something?

Just got an email from WB Games about it, looks like it’s for Xbox, PS4 and Steam. Also offering 50% off to buy. I can post links from the email, if you want.

That’d be appreciated, thanks (provided that they’re not unique to you for some reason).

Don’t think they’re unique, but one way to find out I guess. Here’s the Xbox link:

The PS4 link:

And Steam:

Looks like they all just point to the respective storefronts, and you can just download the game for whichever you want.

Let me know if you want the links for the 50% off deals.

Thanks for posting those-- I’d seen that Steam had it for half off as a weekend deal, but for some reason the “free weekend” stuff was hidden and not immediately apparent on the landing page.

Oh yeah and when I get a MiG-15 in my sights, it quickly becomes a flaming faggot!

Holy crap, it’s over 100GB.

Shadow of War? Really? Thats 1/5 of my ssd, lol.

Yep. Well, now is says 92.1 GB

I’m all about Ultima VI right now – my first real playthrough. I seriously haven’t been this addicted to a proper CRPG in a long time. I always felt it was a lower priority to play this one than U7, but now I’m glad I’ll be getting to U7 in the right order.

I spent the last few days stuck for lack of a particular spell you need to progress in multiple areas, but I finally figured out where to get it, so I’m savoring that ‘unlocked’ moment.

Having started with Ultima V, I’m now in ‘time warp’ mode where old graphics and interfaces don’t look so bad to me and can be seen in the context of their time as steps forward. Consequently, I’m hoping to surf this wave through Worlds of Ultima, U7 + expansions, and Ultima Underworld I/II. Maybe when I’m done, The Elder Scrolls: Arena will finally be playable!

I’ll probably be flying the unfriendly skies this weekend, too—DCS Harrier has been updated pretty substantially since the last time I flew, so it’s time to update all my checklists and re-remember how to fly the jet that thinks it’s a helicopter.

Hey, Conan Exiles got released out of early access so I’m going to reward that by buying and playing it this weekend!

AAA game install sizes are bananas these days. God help you if you’ve got a family of gamers and a bandwidth cap.

I been harriering it up a storm lately. A helicopter this thing most definately is not.

Even a loaded chopper has some power margin when transitioning and hovering. Not so the harrier. You are in overdrive, injecting coolant water into the engine to keep it from blowing up and that’s just maintaining the hover.

That means you have to be very careful because you do not have the power margin to compensate for hamfistedness or dumbfuckery. You are also on a timer, because when that water coolant runs out, the engine will flip you the bird and go home regardless of your jets position in time and space.

That said, it is an awesome little jet :D I have learned to takeoff, maverick, sidewinder and CCIP with it so far, but not the TPOD yet. For that I went back to the A-10C a bit because that one has a functioning autopilot and is a mature module.

Hornet release is sooooooon.