What have you played in the weekend?

I will play the Spanish Civil War below with @Juan_Raigada here.

I will also likely start a PBEM of Bataan!

Click on the 3 dots:

then:

Played some Tooth and Tail for our tournament earlier today, but the rest of my gaming this weekend will most likely be Battletech, or the first Pillars of Eternity. With an possible chance of some OTC, AoE2, Zero-k, or CMANO. I just started reading Brian Bagnall’s book on the Amiga years last night, so I imagine most of time will be spent on that.

Battletech will black hole me; I need to do some board wargaming for a bit before I am sucked in.

Thanks!

I started the weekend with some Pillars of Eternity 2. I’m tempted to take Tides of Numenera for a spin during the free weekend, but I don’t really want to break up my PoE2 play through.

Played Far Cry 5 until everything exploded. Very fun ride.

Motorsport Manager.

I started and finished Beyond: Two Souls.
It was a mixed experience really. I was annoyed about… 80 % of the game, mainly because 1) Jodie is an annoying, moody and way too “difficult” teen for me to feel any sympathy with, even though the game tries SO hard for me to make me like her 2) the god damn QTE’s where I’m supposed to understand in half a second what direction they want me to be hitting or dodging in, when it’s dark and rainy and arrghh.
But somehow, I managed to enjoy the rest of the 20%, at least enough to get through it.

So this Friday (I think) the remastered Dark Souls 1 makes it’s appearance. Is anyone going to be playing it.

As an owner of the original I will get it discounted, and the idea of playing DS1 in a busy world sounds fun.

I know many people think it is just a money grab, but it is also now the only option to play it with a community.

I ended up buying Shadow of War and playing quite a bit this weekend and last night. The opening location was a nice change from the drab one of the earlier game.
The voice acting of the orc captains remains a major highlight.

My video card died a while back, so I borrowed an old one. A real old one. A GeForce 210. Then I started going back in time to find something in my backlog that I could actually play at decent settings. It turns out I had to go all the way to back to 2004’s KOTOR 2. I’ve never played it with the restored content mod, and I figure that’s something I ought to do sooner or later.

Tonight I suddenly realize that I’ve been playing for 8 hours straight. It’s too hot. I’ve been sweating for I don’t even know how long without even realizing it. For all its faults, that’s a game that still holds up today after multiple play-throughs.

It’s tempting. But I really should finish Bloodborne first. Then Dark Souls 3. Then The Surge. Then Code Vein maybe. And then Dark Souls Remastered.

I will probably play it but I’m not really that excited about it. I wish it was a more interesting remaster.

I do wish they had changed up a few things, like the location of objects or something.

I’ll be playing…battletech.

#sheeple win# :P

Last week I went hard on Battletech. This weekend? I’m goin’ flying!

I’m going to be away from my desktop visiting my in-laws, so some low-fidelity stuff is on the docket for me. Maybe some more of the winSPWW2 flavor of Steel Panthers: WW2, where I’m slowly making my way Omaha Beach, or maybe some Kerbal Space Program. (Although, for the latter case, I don’t want to have to go find all my plugins again.)

This:

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/2946394/korean-war

Hopefully some of this as an introductory scenario before I embark on a PBF with @Juan_Raigada :

Looks like I’ll be investing time into Elder Scrolls Online. Haven’t touched an MMO since I burned out on Star Trek Online a few years back.