What have you played in the weekend?

So I played a buttload of Mordor 2/Shadow of war, but I also decided to fire up 3030 Deathwar Redux-- pretty cool, lots of charm, and a fantastic soundtrack.

I had to put off everything else in my life for a week, but I managed to get through KOTOR2. The restored content mod really does make a tremendous difference. Since the whole story is about people trying to get some closure for what happened in the past, it’s been bothering me for 15 years that there were a bunch of loose ends that didn’t get tied up. Finally I get an ending where all the characters’ stories come together to a satisfying conclusion.

My new video card arrived, so I guess I’ll be rejoining the modern world, maybe with Battletech.

Battletech is very sweet but mos’ def a dad game. you need patience with that.

I started playing The Surge since I finished up Bloodbourne a couple weeks ago. So far it seems decent. Frame rate doesn’t seem as good as maybe it should be.

Spent a chunk of the weekend troubleshooting Skyrim SE and researching mods. The old version of SkyUI (ver 2.2) I was using started to cause lockups, possibly related to a recent game update. So I deleted it, and installed the latest versions of SKSE and SkyUI. The SE versions are still labeled as alphas, but everything worked well for the few hours I managed to play.

Played lots more Ultima VI.

I think the Ultimas (IV through VII, anyway) caught lightning in a bottle in the way they dispersed gameplay across numerous activities while maintaining a thematic/narrative unity to it all. That’s what any CRPG is supposed to do, really – merge combat, exploration, puzzles, inventory management, and narrative – but the Ultimas are particularly good at it. At any given time you may be doing very different things. There really is no ‘core game loop.’

A little of this:

A little of that:

https://www.gmtgames.com/p-519-cataclysm.aspx

Visiting the Family Back East - a semi-open world MMO. Good player community except for a couple of assholes.

For me, I’ve got work on the blog to do. I’m gonna do a series of this:

Revisit this so I can talk about the new expansion:

For myself, even with a massive wipe coming next week, I can only play more of this:

And I’m gonna try to get my Templar to level 15 in this so I can have two weapon sets, finally:

Plus some random time with some other Warhammer games due to the ongoing sale. Should be a great weekend. :)

oh man, so much good stuff to choose from. What I’ll be doing tho:

That looks awesome. But this weekend for me is attending one graduation party and paying for another. Man I’m old.

For a second there schurem I saw an F-8 Crusader in the upper left but then I knew it was just a Bug, so meh.

I’ll dig into the closed beta of The Crew 2.

That’s a very pretty Hornet, a level of pretty I 100% can’t access until graphics cards prices bottom out. Alas.

Going to play the Warmind expansion for Destiny 2. Kind of enjoyed the base game enough to pick up the season pass, finished the Osiris expansion, too, already. No interest in the endgame junk, so I imagine I’ll be ready to move on when I finish this expansion.

Our clan on Conan Exiles has grown too large. Myself and another person volunteered to split off. We took what we could from the existing settlement, mostly steel and leather to use to repair our equipment, and headed off into a new land - the jungles. It’s dangerous there, right away we were greeted by a very tough white tiger that chased us a long way along the river - at night, when we can only see by torches. We set up a small shack to protect our bodies when we logged off.

This weekend I re-establish a base in the jungle. I found a location with reasonable access to iron, and plenty of water, wood, stone and fresh meat. There is no coal or spiders, and I don’t have a wheel to break thralls on, so I plan to trade with my old clan for those resources.

It’s not all work though - I am building a beach bar along the front of the new construction, with nice wooden stools and a long wooden bar, and soon I will be making booze for thirsty travelers in the jungle. It’s also surrounded by ancient ruins, tribes of gorillas and I think I saw a pirate settlement, so there is plenty of exploring and adventure to be found once I have basic tool production up and running.

I have so many options I don’t know what I’ll actually do. Such a great time for PC gaming!

Some of these will be played this weekend:

Path of Exile - new league
Steam World Dig 2 (good game!)
Raft (EA, and very good!)
Conan Exiles (honestly, I mean to get back in there. Sorry guys!)
Replaying the Batman Arkham series of games. So good! (thanks Steam Spring Cleaning event for this)
Surviving Mars (new patch)
Logistical
and lastly, I haven’t quite pushed the delete button on State of Decay 2 yet. I aim to give it 1 more go.

The Battle of the Tech.

You mean Tekwar? Awesome!

That game was terrible.