What have you played in the weekend?

Motorsport Manager and maybe maybe Railway Empire.

Building houses with the Snappy Housekit mod in Fallout 4. No good reason for doing so, just kind of feel like heading back in and taking a settlement focus approach courtesy of the modding scene. Because I don’t care about rescuing Walt from the Others.

Horizon Zero Dawn. This is one fine looking game.

Yeah, I’m so jonesing to play that someday, but I’ll be damned if I’m going to buy a whole console just for that. Would it kill them to port it to Windows?

Yeah I dunno. I think the engine is PS4 specific sadly, and I say sadly because this game deserves a wider audience. if you are not going to play it , strangely (and its rare I would say this is a good idea) I would recommend a hi-def play through. At least for the first few hours. It is worth having this game in your gaming consciousness.

By hi-def do you mean 4k? Because my TV is still a 1080p Panny Plasma. If I wait till the PS4 is old news and they’re nearly giving them away I may have a 4k TV by then.

nah I just mean a decent stream, any tv will be good. But anyway, yeah its good :)

Playing a challenging puzzle game called Fixing our Deck. ;-) Involves crafting, interaction with NPCs at Home Depot, and invocation (cursing).

No, you don’t need 4k for the awesomeness that is Horizons. I had to sit there and cycle directly between the two on a 4k TV and it was hard to tell the difference.

I’m trying to finish playing pack up for a 7 month trip to France and clean the house enough for our house sitter. I got some low requirement games installed on a laptop that I will probably spend some time with once my wife starts working at her sabbatical and my son starts school.

This week we will see the Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Notre Dame, Versailles - then go get settled into our apartment. It’s both exciting and makes me nervous to be away for so long. Bank account will be tapped by the time we get back - but this is my wife’s dream and she works so hard.

Should be a great weekend. For the blog I need to hit this:

As well as this:

Since the dev will be on our podcast next week.

As for me, a whole ton of:

Because I’m obsessed and because there’s an event this weekend.

I also just picked up:

So I’m looking forward to giving that a go.

Should be a fantastic weekend…except for maybe Armada because ugh Armada…

I’m learning to fly (again). Getting to grips with this magnificent beast.

It got its cockpit patched last week to not murder my gpu with extraneous triangles. Wonderful and full of that special Soviet jank. Like a shot of harsh cheap vodka after the smooth bourbon of the hornet.

My relationship with the MiG-21 has always been a little…

“I have to go how fast over the threshold?”

Try to finish Wolfenstein New Order (stuck at the last mission), play some more XCOM 2 and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (thanks to @CraigM and the Frame game thread!)

Me too, in between bouts of planning a work trip, and potential cross country move to Portland.

I had to drop the difficulty on that last mission in The New Order from normal to easy. Just couldn’t figure out the trick to beating that boss.

Nioh, Injustice 2, Blazblue: Central Fiction, and maybe Battlestar Galactica: Deadlock. We’ll see.

Hope you have a place to live lined up if moving to Portland. I wouldn’t wish our current rental prices on my worst enemy.

With a rare solo weekend (wife and kid off on a short trip), I’m in danger of suffering from paralysis from too much gaming opportunity.

Having beaten Ultima VI I’m looking for a new CRPG to get its hooks in me, but also trying to keep the retro flavor going so I can move in to Ultima VII and the Underworlds soon without it feeling like too much of a technical downgrade.

I’ve been poking around Savage Empire, Stick of Truth, and Starflight (when it asked me for some codewheel stuff, I stopped playing because I was too lazy to get the PDF from GoG). I’ll try to settle into something over the weekend but not yet sure what it will be.

It happens! I always complain about not having enough time to game but when the opportunity is there, it’s that paralysis that gets me. Happened last month when wife went away for 4 days and daughter was busy studying for regents exams. Spending an hour deciding on what to play, then cycling through games from my backlog for a few minutes each to see which I would settle with, then not being able to decide and just watching Netflix.

This weekend, however, it will be mostly Witcher III which I got hooked on this week and some Dragon Quest 8 on the 3DS.

As if my current backlog isn’t bad enough, I occasionally pick up older DS, PSP, PS2 games - have a stack waiting for my retirement which is nowhere near - and USPS just dropped off Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter and SMT: Digital Devil Saga and I am so tempted to unpack my PS2 which has been away since a move 5 years ago.