What have you played in the weekend?

So what I played: a bit of Injustice 2, but most of my time was spent in Blazblue: Cross Tag Battle. This might be the best “entrance” fighting game in a loooong while. Easy to learn (well, easier than the most technical games for sure) but still hard to master, and really fun to play.

Cleaned up the remaining event items I needed in Rocket League and played an unsuccessful run through of the Project Wingman conquest mode prototype. Three squadrons of Raptors proved to be supremely impolite in not allowing me to practice taking down cruisers with my garbage Viggen.

I won’t. But last night I got back to the hotel at 10, after taking the train, and today I left at 6 to hike mount hood, and am just getting back.

But I got swag, and did well enough to get top 8 out of 24. One match I lost in the last die roll before time, and otherwise would have made top 4 cut (the guy who beat me got 3rd, but would have been 6th or 7th had I hung on for the win)

This weekend, for the blog, I’m starting several of what I’m calling “one-off weeks” in which, rather than one game played all week, I play a lot of smaller indie games I’ve not yet covered. This’ll include:

And a bunch of others. For myself, definitely more time with:

As I need something relaxing and exploratory right now. I might also buy this today:

But I’m waiting for initial reviews.

Overall, should be a great weekend.

So I finished Mass Effect:Andromeda’s main plot line last night and I will be leaving that game for Bioshock Infinity.

I enjoyed ME:A. True, it was Mass Effect Skyrim but it was still Mass Effect, and it still had some of the best parts of that game. Just don’t look any of the characters directly in the eyes.

You should post that in the Mass Effect Andromeda thread with a bit more detail, if you get the chance. The game doesn’t get enough love there.

I will try to do the last two missions in Battletech. I make no promises though. Collecting King Crabs is fun.

It turns out that Everspace is the game that makes VR worthwhile…

If all goes well, this weekend I’ll play… my keyboard, a Korg Kross-61. It’s been collecting dust for a while, but I’ve been longing to play it for a good while now. Hopefully I’ll do so this weekend.

As for games, the game I want to play the most is Kingdom Come: Deliverance (I’m really, really impressed with this game!). I might play a good bit of Blazblue: Cross Tag Battle if I can, and maybe Star Traders: Frontiers, Blazblue: Central Fiction, Injustice 2, and Secret Japanese Game I’ve Been Beta-Testing.

I’ve been dipping into Kingdom Come: Deliverence, but I’ve really been having more fun with Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana so will probably target that as my main this weekend.

I might also tackle a bit of Slay the Spire and Endless Space 2.

Bard’s Tale IV backer beta.

Red Faction: Guerrilla Re-Marstered edition.

Probably some Path of Exile.

Also maybe a little game called “watch some movies and stuff”. Also, I stopped mudding for awhile and I sense that the itch is returning.

For some reason, I might be playing Royal Heroes. I don’t why, but I find it addictive. Lots of grinding.

Ninja Gaiden Black - Master Ninja difficulty. I’m on chapter 5.

Far Cry 5 - 2nd campaign playthrough

Kingdom:Death:Monster - 1st campaign playthrough

Definitely planning for some Warframe this weekend, and we’ll see if I can squeeze in any Median XL or Crisis Core. It’s been fun gaming times for me lately!

Technically not the weekend but still a day off, a friend and I are meeting on Monday for some tabletop gaming fun, including the usual Magic stuff and a new game that just arrived this week called The Stonebound Saga.

Phantasy Star Online 2. I tried the Japanese version very briefly back in 2013 with a fan-made English patch, which was far from comprehensive. Back then I decided to just wait for the NA version to be released… which never happened.

So I’m back to the Japanese version. I probably won’t last long this time either. In true MMO Tourist fashion though, I wanted to give it another spin. The JRPG stuff has been a bit off-putting, but I enjoy MMOs with action combat. The current fan-made English patch appears to be much better than before.

Because my former love Ascension isn’t what it used to be, I gave Star Realms another try and it is really clicking with me this time. So I’ll peruse the cards’ list.
And slay some spires, of course.

I’ll be wrapping up the event pass in PUBG before leaving on vacation on Tuesday. Speaking of Battle Royale games, I’ll be checking out Islands of Nyne even though I’m a bit sceptical. The map seems to be a bit too small for my taste, but at least it’s in first person.

And, finally, I’ll be playing SWAT 4 with some friends for the first time in forever. Any mods that are required these days (I have the GOG Gold Edition)?

Octopath Traveller and some Bomber Crew on the Nintendo Switch. Octopath gives me all the retro nostalgia feels I expected so far. Bomber Crew is a bit fiddly with the UI and controls in general for someone used to mouse & keyboard, but that might get better in time, we’ll see. Fun little game.

Octopath Traveller and hopefully some Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective.