What have you played in the weekend?

Working on my unlocks and char 4/5 to 110 in WOW before pre-patch… It’s gonna be a race to the finish.

Oh yea, need to get that impossible tanking boss-fight done for the Artifact, which impossible tanking boss-fight I hear you ask? The one where a guide starts with “As of 24/04/2017 I have successfully defeated the challenge (after ~130 attempts)”…

Reminds me of the Warlock Green Flame Quest that made me quit playing after I finally completed it.

I also got a code for the closed preview of Vigor on Xbox One, so I’ve been checking that out as well.

My half hour of free gaming time yesterday turned into some 30± minute windows update, so I guess that was what I played. :|

What is that?

It’s a third person survival mp game, like Escape from Tarkov and Hunt: Showdown, but without any PvE.

Basically, drop into a map with 7 other players, then loot and extract without being killed. If you’re killed you lose everything you dropped in with (you choose yourself before entering the map) + whatever loot you got on the map.

Still playing Has Been Heroes. After a long stretch I finally broke through a fifth or sixth win. And I’m still at only 66% unlocked. Good grief I’ll be playing this thing for the rest of my life.

Weekend is over and managed to get my artifact from the mage tower in WOrld of WArcraft (scheduled to be removed on the 17th). Then I read about a retribution paladin artifact skin for the Corrupted Ashbringer…

Which involved me doing Alterac Valley, Dire Maul, Nefarian (BWL), Eastern Plaguelands, Western Plaguelands, Whatever the hell this was https://www.twitch.tv/videos/285058243 (Waiting for a mob to spawn, had to do something to pass the time, luckily another player (on HORDE!) was thinking the same… then fishing… and more fishing…) and then meeting up with the 4 Horsemen inside the DeathKnight citadel… Quite a good questline, even though it was “somewhat” grindy.

Now to take a break from WOW, at least until the patch hits in 3 days :)

I played an inordinate amount of Red Faction: Guerrilla. Wrapped up the Dust sector (that mission is hard, even on Casual).

… which I played for a couple more hours, and decided it was too JRPG.

Spent the rest of my free time moving freight around in Euro Truck Sim 2. I bought the France map pack during the Steam sale, and downloaded ProMods which adds a lot of new territory.

Hauled a yacht from Bucharest to Nantes last night, and at one point realized I was low on diesel with no gas station nearby. I plotted the route to the nearest station, not sure if I was going to make it. The Scania’s dashboard gives a digital readout of the remaining fuel, and my eyes were glued to it counting down the last hundred liters one by one. The fuel readout reached single digits just as the gas station appeared on the nav display, and I coasted in with two liters left in the tank.

Played a couple short adventure games: One Eyed Kutkh and Project Face.

Started playing Hot Tin Roof: The Cat That Wore A Fedora - a puzzle-ish platform-ish detective game where half the characters are talking cats and rats. The platforming seems easy enough so far, but I’m terrible at platforming so we’ll see how long I stick with it.

I started Bioshock Infinite last weekend and I am truly enjoying it. It has many of the features of past Bioshock games while being played mostly in open, much more colorful environments. I have even had a few moments of levity with Elizabeth. Sure, it is basically the same old Bioshock formula but I liked that.

Bring that to the Bioshock Infinite thread as you keep playing. I’d be curious to know how you feel as you get deeper into the game.

I had the same reaction as you up to this point, but I never finished the game. The first Bioshock game where I couldn’t finish. I’d be curious to hear what you think as events unfold.

Heh, I too recently began playing Bioshock Infinite, and I’m liking it quite a bit.

Octopath Traveler for sure, I need to put more time into this great little game, and Slay the Spire. I am kind of thinking of starting Uncharted 4 again, actually. Maybe Saturday night.

I liked the game quite a bit myself till those dimensional rifts started happening, and I found them somewhat unintuitive and complicated to use. Maybe I need to drop the difficulty to casual or something, because some of the new enemies at that point were making short work of me.

OH I’m totally playing on the lowest difficulty. Don’t got the patience to die a lot.

I’ll be getting into some more Prey, I honestly didn’t even know the game existed until last week. It blows my mind how I just can miss really great games now as if they never existed in history. Thank god for forums.

I always play at medium and I think it is right for this game, so far anyway. Dying is not really a big deal, except for maybe in one fight where the respawn point was literally right in front of your enemies. But if you die in a fight the enemies you kill stay dead, your ammo gets re-filled in some cases, and you basically get a second chance. Death only slightly slows you down.

Decided to go back to AGEOD’s Civil War 2. When it first came out, I ran into a ton of user interface frustration, even when I was playing the tutorial. But I found this series of How To videos on You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sntb2ezM9OE&list=PLh627jSGoobxkOAb_CYadIQsmsXKpDv-z

Very helpful, and AoE Bros tends to be my style when it comes to these videos. Anyway, I watched most of them while doing my daily treadmill thing and now find that the game is a lot more comprehensible… and very interesting.

I will continue to play Kill Everything with My Four King Crab Lance. Also Mini Metro. I will solve NYC’s transit problems or kill everyone trying.