What have you played in the weekend?

No Man’s Sky. Just spent 1,500,000 units on a new ship with trade in. Time to grind more cash.

I put a couple of A class mods on the scanner. Rolling in units scanning flowers and beasties at 50k+ a pop.

Can you use multiple of the same class? For some reason I’ve been using adjacent S, A, and B!

You can use 3 scanner mods, they can all be S class. If you try a 4th one, you get some kind of “system overloaded” error.

I didn’t get to play as much as I would’ve liked this past weekend but I did manage to get into Hollow Knight for a bit yesterday. I also played some Enter the Gungeon but just couldn’t come up with a good run. The only other thing I had time for was Donkey Kong '94 for the Game Boy which I played on my new Super Game Boy 2 on the Super Nt. That’s such a phenomenal game and holds up extremely well 24 years later. I’d love for Nintendo to revisit that game style again.

I ended up playing half-way through Ode, which I noticed was on sale half-price. It’s a game from the studio that did Grow Up and stuff, that I entirely forgot about because it is only available on the ubisoft store. It’s pretty fun.

Cheers, I’ve changed to all S class. :)

Though you can actually use six… three in the tech slots and three in the inventory slots.

Started playing God of War over the weekend. Who needs ray-tracing when a game looks this great?

That is a good find. Have you tried a 4th in the regular inventory? I would be willing to give up a row or two of inventory for those mods. You could easily end up with 5 million credits for scanning a single animal.

No, obviously that trick works in suit and ship upgrades not multitool - but I’m almost certain I had 4 in my multitool at one point. Three adjacent, then another one non-adjacent.

It was only when I tried adding the fourth one adjacent to the other three that it complained. Of course it’s difficult to tell whether it’s actually doing anything!

I’ve a fairly busy weekend but I’ll still have time for games! Yay! For the blog, this drops today, so I’mma do a let’s play of it:

Plus I’m doing a stream of this Sunday morning:

And hopefully one-off’s of:

And this, if I can figure out how to freaking play it properly:

For myself, definitely more:

Should be the good kind of busy weekend. :)

I like that you post those header images for these games, which makes even older games look really appealing. It makes me go “Cool, Brian is going to have an interesting weekend”. Can you imagine if you were always posting screenshots instead? I’d think “Thank god I’m not Brian Rubin having to play that shit”.

I wish I had the time to do screenshots like that.

I’ll probably finish off South Park : Fractured But Whole over the long weekend before DQXI launches next week.

I’ve also been spending a lot of playing Field of Glory II (pairs nicely with the Falling Sky game I have going on VASSAL) and just bought Northgard to scratch my strategy game itch as well.

I am still playing both Far Cry 2 and Dark Souls 3.

Last night playing some DS3 I was invaded once and was part of a 6 player scrum in the Road of Sacrifices.
I have never been involved in something like that before. I was summoned as a Blue Sentinel.

I finished the main story in Yakuza 0, but I still have plenty to see and do, so I certainly plan to play a fair share of it this weekend.

I’m also on the waiting pattern for Dragon Quest XI, so I might set aside some time to have fun with something like Rimworld (which got a fresh new update this week) until Tuesday comes. We’ll see.

Never stop never stopping:

The second beta just started, so this will be my main solo mp fix this weekend:

A couple more friends just got this from the humble bundle sale, so we need to do some terrorist hunt together:

And, finally, this arrives on Xbox Game Pass tomorrow, so after digging the Anniversary edition, I’m looking forward to play it:

Warframe just started up a new event, so I’ll be spending some time there.

Also, Prey has been sitting in my backlog taunting me. I need to do something about that…

I just bought The Messenger. So far it’s a little slow, but inoffensive.

I’m going to try to play some Bad North on the Nintendo switch as I have a report due in to @Dave_Perkins