What have you played in the weekend?

I like DarkStar One! Oh man, that felt good.

Oh God whyyyyI meannnnnnn…that’s great for you…

When the 360 was the thing, darkstar one was the only spaceship pewpew game on it. So yeah, I loved it too.

Anyway, My weekend is no different from the others (DCS, world of tanks/ships), except for a spot of Senua’s Sacrifice in VR. Very creepy. Headphones, good ones, are a must for that.

Any of you folks heard of No Man’s Sky? It’s pretty good.

I make good on my promises.

Project Sylpheed says hi.

I was making good progress in Lands of Lore when I stumbled upon the mines, and the evil chtonian beast that guarded them. I had to resort to online help, and I am glad I did: no way I would have figured that the green skulls were actually philacteries used to cast a specific spell that would hurt the monstruosity badly.

Since the latest Rimworld beta came out, I’ve been playing it quite a bit. That game can be very addictive.

I should have a decent amount of time for some gaming this weekend. For the blog, I’m gonna try to cover this:

Plus hopefully one-offs of:

For myself, more of:

Should be a good weekend. :)

If my PC stops acting up, hopefully lots of Dragon Quest XI. Otherwise, maybe I’ll have fun with Japanese grammar or some old Wii U game. We’ll see.

FOFT, wow, that’s a blast from the past.

I think I have given up on Lands of Lore after pushing, very difficultly, through the witch tower’s specters. Now I am in a town under invasion, and the game seems to up the ante with that trend of becoming a slog of non-stop fightings. The first 15 hours were fun, though!
I tried to jump back into World of Xeen, but this is the epitome of confusion in trying to resume an old save in an RPG.
So, instead, I think I am going to try my first play of Betrayal at Krondor.
And I well intend to play Door Kickers Action Squad with @Chappers.

On to my 6th hospital in Two Point Hospital starting to get a little more challenging. Probably dip my toes in No Man’s Sky and Madden19

The plan is to start Quantum Break, to continue playing Gears of War Ultimate and Overload. And to somehow avoid the allure of the Skyforce games this weekend.

The plan is also to get Netflix and watch a lot of TV.

Krondor, that sounds like fun. Let us know if it holds up! Also, be careful. My brothers abandoned a pay through when they first got it when an early quest screw up didn’t impact the game until chapter 6.

More Monster Hunter! Should be playing some World on the PC with @Jason_McMaster. Non-monster time will probably be Spider-Man and Tomb Raider until I like one of them enough to ignore the other one.

I work a lot of weekends, this is one of them. :(

Yeah, FoFT was a request, and since I got this Amiga emulator all set up to do the Starglider games, I figured I’d do that next. Looks insane.

And Door Kickers Action Squad is SO FUN in co-op. If I may share:

+1 on Sleeping Dogs. I played through the story twice, once back when it first came out and another time on the Definitive Edition just early this year. One weird bug that I ran into with the latter (and I couldn’t figure out how to reproduce) was that on occasion when I’d start up the game I’d have framerates in the low 20s (on a 1080, mind), which made the motion of vehicles look like they’d speed up and slow down, which in turn made the game motion-sickness city. Usually resetting the graphics options and restarting would fix it, thank goodness.

BTW I took your advice and bought Geneshift. Pretty nifty little game. Hope it gets controller support at some point.

X-WING 2.0!

2.0 for X-wing miniatures dropped yesterday, and all the local game stores are running events. And since I’ve got nothing but time, and it’s going to rain all weekend, I went to one yesterday, today, tomorrow, and possibly Sunday.

I am reacquainting myself with my old friends, the Interceptor. Tarkin and Krennic are sorting their differences on the Lambda, and Vader is wrecking everyone’s day as he force chokes everyone from the seat in the Phantom.

Welcome back old friends

I’ve been playing a bunch of Civ IV and keep getting my butt kicked on Prince. Not sure if I have another game in me for the weekend, but damn I just want to win 1.

Considering starting a game of Temple of Elemental Evil w/ Circle of Eight mod.

Probably will at least play a little of Hollow Knight on the Switch. Made it to the Crystal Caverns with my little glow bug buddy.