What have you played in the weekend?

This weekend is a lot of Soul Calibur VI beta.

Maybe Blood Bowl, maybe Dominions 5, probably Pathfinder Kingmaker

In between watching copious amounts of GSL VODs, it’ll be Valkyria Chronicles 4.

Had to go look up what Crosscode is, looks like of like a sci-fi Secret of Mana? Which I would dig, it looks pretty cool. But I imagine I’ll be playing more Division this weekend, since there’s a global event going on, and maybe some other random stuff might pop up.

See? This was my first thought too.

I’m playing ‘move across town’

I’ve played that game! It kind of sucks.

Kind of?

I’ve played that. It’s such a resource hog.

I’m going to play that too. Was it announced before and I missed it? I only saw it was happening last night I think?

I will also be playing the Capcom Beat 'em Up Collection on Switch and something on Nintendo DS since I have a DSi XL arriving today. It’s either going to be Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia or The World Ends With You.

I am playing Dragon Age:Inquisition for the first time. I am about 5-6 hours in. So far I like it, although I have never understood game designers believing they need to make substantial changes to already successful franchises. Just give me new stories and adventures.

I’m trying really hard not to replay TWEWY on DS prior to the Switch remake’s release in two weeks. If the latter is an upcoming buy for you as well, definitely go with OoE instead.

I don’t know about that, as I am a big Action RPG hater and I never could get into any Secret of Mana game: I think it might be too easy if you expect heavy action (I could get into boring details as I usually do, but let’s stop).
5 hours in, it has been amazingly unannoying in its writing, and it actually gave me vibes as if I was playing a console game in the glorious 90s, some nostlagia I didn’t even know I had in me and a sensation that no other indie effort ever achieved to create for me.
I am super enthusiastic.

I came to the realization recently that I’ve just spent way too much money purchasing games for other platforms that I already own on another one and may or may not (in most cases not) have finished. While the Switch release is adding some stuff and it’ll be nice on a bigger screen I’m sure, I have the original already so I’m going to play that. I never got to the end although I did play it some when I first bought it.

There are simply too many new games coming out for me to keep duplicating things in my library already.

In this case it helps that I just bought this DSi XL with its IPS screens. It’s going to look really nice on there.

Playing SC6 beta right now. Looked up some moves and kicking newbie butt with Geralt of Rivia.

Fortunately I’m playing the demo version, so it only requires about 50ft^3, which is well within the maximum specs of my Honda Insight.

Did they get Geralt’s voice actor from the game’s back?

The final DLC for Homefront: Revolution. I haven’t been nearly as keen on the DLC so far as I was about the main game. No sandbox, and I didn’t play this game for the linear shooter stuff.

And I’ve started playing Batman: Arkham Knight - that much maligned final game in Rocksteady’s trilogy. My hot take after an hour… vehicle combat doesn’t suit the franchise.

I wasn’t sure, so I Googled it for you. The answer is yes!

Damn nekkers guard crush.

Hope to finish Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and start AC:Origins DLCs.

Pathfinder Kingmaker