What have you played in the weekend?

Not a lot this weekend, sadly. Definitely this for the blog:

And if I have time, more of one of these for me:

How is X4 going? I was following that thread until release, but it started moving way too fast after that to keep up, so I haven’t been there since. Is it turning out to be a great game so far?

Sweet, that’s encouraging to hear.

I’m enjoying it quite a bit. It definitely is the most accessible of the series, with a far more fun gameplay flow than any other X game I’ve played. I really like doing missions, then taking a break and exploring to fill out the map.

Finally started playing Fallout 4 last weekend. I’ll play it this weekend too.

Also, Assetto Corsa Competizione was updated this week, so I may check out the new content.

Been training my escapes now. It seems on a head on, I can’t manage to get out: I need at least a 6nm buffer to stand a chance. Zooming past it isn’t enough to get rid of that crazy plane!
The time isn’t close where I won’t be scared to death at the prospect of crossing Flankers ;)

Definitely playing more Just Cause 4. And I’ll get in some bouts with Super Smash Brothers Ultimate.

Might play some CoH 2, now that a new balance patch is out.

Grimoire V2 HAHAHAHA no.
Quake Arcane Dimensions, Slay the Spire, Fallout New California.

One word: “Meteor”. Be a missile-spreading terminator of the skies. Meteor has a ramjet engine which breathes air unlike the rockets the flankers fire. That means it goes faster, further, longer. If you run out of long sticks and you don’t have the odds, decline the engagement, ie run the fuck away.

I’m installing a floor in a basement this week, but hoping to jump back into X4 and apply the latest tips from folks in the thread and pursue my next story beat.

Oxygen Not Included is my drug at the moment, I keep starting over to fine tune my base instead of going deeper in the game, 55 hours in and day 70 something has been the farthest I’ve been.

The”Pass Due Crew” a ragtag group of misfits are currently in Battle Brothers. The map seed listed in that thread is pretty good and half the reason I’m still going.

Grim Dawn + Grimarrillion mod. Get my daemonhuntertheurgist to the end of Malmouth. Yeah, so my plan to work my way through my barely/partially played list is scuppered yet again, by a mod of a favourite game.

Pop on to Everquest and have a chat and maybe some nostalgic sight seeing with one of my original guild buddies who is playing again after 8 years (he played EQ from 1999-2010! hardcore poosocker, i had gap from 2001-2015)

Shadow Warrior 2 - kinda near the end, i must push to finish it.

Partially played stuff i liked but either hit a difficulty wall or got distracted by something new - Dark Souls 3, Nier, Vanquish, JA2, NMS, WH40k Martyr, Senua, Dishonoured 2 and as I scroll down my game list I see Witcher 3 and wonder why i loved it so much all the way to last 20% of the game but didnt finish aka GTA Syndrome.

Back to Aggressors: Ancient Rome for me.

I’ll play the game known as Holiday Shopping.

Otherwise it will be Kenshi!

I am basically done with Dark Souls 3, having killed all the bosses but the damn Dragon in the DLC. The only thing keeping me playing it is that when I have logged on I have been able to get summoned to help other people. I really enjoy that in this game. But when I hit a dead evening or two I will end the play thru.

Then I plan on playing Sniper Elite 1 thanks to @lordkosc.

I’ve been playing Clatter https://store.steampowered.com/app/602770/Clatter/
Turn based strategy, light RNG on dmg dealt, but I feel like skill will win out most of the time. It’s pretty fun to think of optimal loadout and unit strategies.

I think there’s a good chance this game dies, however. It’s had Okish playercounts (30-90 people), however a lot of those are people who just want the RUST item you can get after playing for 30 minutes.

For 8 bucks, I’d say this is a steal.

Me, I’m doing Elite Dangerous this weekend, with a side helping of DCS (@anklebiter latest and greatest to be precise) and perhaps some Assassins creed Odyssey.

While it was repeatedly taught in the readings, I never had quite assimilated that necessity. After your comment, and reading about the huge decision that is to commit to an engagement on a head-on, I took to heart to learn to run away more effectively from those gorgeous Suhkoïs. The training yielded result, as I can escape pretty reliably from a surprise head-on now — although I better have a place to escape towards, as you stated earlier ;)
I remember when I first read the strategy guide, I was wondering why the performance talk was centered around the EF2000 versus the Su-35 and didn’t mention the other opposition. Well, after all those test flights, I consider myself to be now very well aware of the why!

I’m too much of a graphics whore to enjoy an old title like you do. I envy you.

And then I make some rocket strafe runs in a harrier while wearing a rift.

I didn’t get a lot of gaming time this weekend - setting a new PC up and downloading stuff takes a lot of time - but I did “test” it with Monster Hunter World and Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey, even if the game I played the most was (as usual) Grim Dawn.

BTW, on recommended settings on both MHW and AC:Od, my GPU (a GTX 1060 6GB) is going up to 74C (but not past that), on 100% GPU load, and about 70% max GPU fan speed. That’s OK, right? Keep in mind that ambient temperature was in the low 30’s C here. Just checking. I’m new to this “good PC” thing. ;)