What have you played in the weekend?

For me it’s been more RDR2. I’ve been under the weather and yesterday I just stayed in my PJs all day and played a ton of that. Wanna get the pelts and furs for the satchel upgrades.

More Monster Hunter World. I’m almost through the story! I’m going to actually hit ‘High Rank’!

Should be absolutely fine! Enjoy the new machine!

This week-end, I’ll be playing… more EF2000!
I have finally made my jump into the campaign. Going from the comfortable sandboxes of training scenarios and setup fights to the absolute chaos of the campaign has been a staggering experience.
Now aspect matters, even BVR. Now trying to get a lock on wherever that plane that is supposed to be right ahead is an issue. Now in the chaos of the melee, your teammates call are crucial to determine whether something is going down or has managed to lose everybody’s lock. Distances seem colossal out of combat, but when the fight is closing in, time suddenly accelerates.
This is an amazing experience. It’s now time to turn what I learned into proper reflexes.
While I don’t mind its visual crudeness, after watching and listening to some DCS, I mostly miss proper reactor roars.

I also started playing Dungeon Keeper Gold. I had played Dungeon Keeper 2 many, many years ago, and I really disliked it. Reading an old review about the first game, I figured I’d try it, and it feels quite superior, so either it was better, or I have changed! The interface is really out of this world, especially for such an old game. Anyway, looking forward to play a level daily.

Scouring my GOG library, I also started playing Etherlords 2, because I mistook it for another recommendation I had read here. Anyway, it’s a fun little game, like Lost Portal CCG (which appears to be on sale on iOS) but with an horrible and useless 3D interface.

Finally I got Full Metal Furies in the Steam sale, to play coop with with the people who won’t be busy at all in this relaxed time of the year! Edit: Scratch that, it’s a crazy timewasting grinding machine, in a similar fashion its author’s previous game, Rogue Legacy, was.

I’m going to see my parents this weekend for Christmas. I just bought a PS4 for myself and they expressed interest in it. We’ll see how they like God of War and Shadow of the Colossus PS4.

I’ll try to wrap up my current Distant Worlds Universe campaign before going on holiday for 2 weeks on Sunday. Great to go on holiday (including from the PC), but tough to resume a giant campaign in any game after a break.

I will be playing some DCS, and while I don’t mind the cannedness of its scenario’s, after reading about EF2000 I mostly miss the frantic fleeing down fjords from angry russians.

Well, this weekend I’ll hopefully get to play a lot of SoulCalibur VI, Monster Hunter World, and Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey. Maybe X4 too if I’m feeling like it.

Grim Dawn and No Man’s Sky are also likely options. Also Kingdom Come: Deliverance if I’m able to finish downloading it this weekend.

The Digital Antiquarian’s piece on it has got me playing Cryo’s Dune game:

X4 made me want to try out Elite Dangerous again, so probably that. I think that after about a dozen hours, I sort of have my head around Elite. Hell of a learning curve with this one.

Kicking off two and a half weeks of stay-at-home vacation. Primary focus:

Monster Hunter World
Shadow Warrior 2
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Divinity: Original Sin 2

howlongtobeat.com says it will take about 150 hours to beat these. I just need to average 9 hours of gaming per day to finish them over the break! Even more than that since I’ll probably play a little PUBG.

Christmas party on Sunday, so that along with work all weekend will cut heavily into my play time, but I’m still planning on fitting in some Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Magic Arena, and now that I’m back into it (just in time for a brand-new version in a month), Median XL.

This makes me so, so happy.

DOS:2 can easily take around 100 hours on its own if you do everything. It took me by surprise in that regard, and it’s easily one of my favourite RPGs now.

Oh, that is so sweet. Tell us about it when you are done.

Happy to oblige!

I didn’t own a PC, so I played it at a friend’s. I was so intoxicated with this game, I, as a teenager, remember staying a few times overnight at his place playing it in the dark while he and his family were sleeping. Should have been a hint there was a freak around!
Such an atmospheric game, no small thanks to Stéphane Picq’s soundtrack.

Hot swapping between katamari damacy, Diablo 3 and smash on the switch.
But I also have an advanced securities licensing exam next week so have to balance studying, games and family.

For me, I have a nearly two-week “weekend” starting today, so I’ll fit in these for the blog:

And for myself, definitely these as I just bought them:

Plus of course more:

Is gonna be a good time.

Some Sam Neill inside, or totally unrelated?

Thankfully this.