What have you played in the weekend?

230114_908223010

IT’s actually fun! It’s like Geneshift’s Battle Royale, super fast, fun and violent!

What’s with the Sam Neill-hate? You’re crazy.

I’m visiting family for the holidays, so will play some light boardgames and stuff on my Switch. Started Darkside Detectives (promising!) and played some Tricky Towers with my sister. One of the best couch games ever.

I did that with SimCity and Sid Meier’s Pirates. I would go to sleepovers and ignore all my friends for hours. I can’t believe they remained my friends, frankly.

I don’t think anyone hates Sam Neill. On the contrary.

But Event Horizon is a fuuuucked up movie that I don’t ever need or want to see again.

Ah, I see! I also should have put a smiley there.

Woah, Distance is finally out? That’s been on my wishlist forever. Post impressions of that soon, if you get the chance please.

It’s amaaaaaaazing. I’ve only done some of the campaign and Advent workshop levels, but it’s been a crazy blast.

I found a Spitfire LF Mk IX in my stocking this morning! Guess I’ll be doing groundloops for days!

I’m so close to the end of RDR2, I just need to buckle down and focus on the path and not let myself be distracted by … well everything else I guess. There are other games out there that I need to get to!

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I’ve climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
of sun-split clouds,

And done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of — wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov’ring there,
I’ve chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air…

Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue
I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace.
Where never lark, or even eagle flew —
And, while with silent, lifting mind I’ve trod
The high untrespassed sanctity of space,

– Put out my hand, and touched the face of God."

John Gillespie Magee Jr. (9 June 1922 – 11 December 1941)

Thank you @Anklebiter :)

I’d love to hear your thoughts on this one!

Thea 2

I’m enjoying it a lot. I like Tower Defense games where you’re active on the battlefield, and this mixes that kind of TD with open-world exploration and resource gathering. I’ve only done single player, but will be trying multiplayer soon.

Steam sale, lots of games on sale and I buy a game not on sale. Kenshi was calling me.

City of Heroes and Jumpgate.

And then I wake up to out of town guests and who knows what other torture.

If there is a box of Secret of Vulkan Fury in your sock, be careful of a fake awakening.

Excellent choice.

I am playing way too much of the old X3:TC.

I’ve got myself a nice little wheat farm and an auto trader to serve it.

I have played a few missions of EF2000 as planned, and the campaign isn’t going very well.

All our radar coverage seems to be down. Happily, it seems it is also the case of our adversary (I guess those AWACS were priority targets). Everybody’s flying radar off and encounters occur usually at visual range. This creates funny situations, as once two groups encounter, a lot of new groups converge toward the place and suddenly what seemed like empty skies become crowding small zones of high tensions from which nothing much escapes in the end.
In such conditions, a lot of the fighting is done at gunpoint.
This is so incredibly tense and exciting, I can’t put into words the adrenaline my veins have been pumping. In my latest, a wild weasel assignment, 20nm away from our target the situation escalated in such a way I just described. We never reached the target, but damn, that was quality dogfighting. I even managed, in the end, to damage with my guns a Super Flanker badly enough that it went down, but not before releasing an ultimate IR missile at me… which found its way. I think the sky was mostly clear of any planes when this was over.
Despite the crude visuals, flying down the fjords kissing the deck (I am learning lingo!) at night is still quite a sight.