What have you played in the weekend?

Thanks to Northgard being on sale on Humble, I’ll be checking out its viking stylings!

I’ve been back on the Dragon Quest XI of late, also playing some Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

However a new season of Diablo 3 starts imminently so…

I am playing a super heavy modded Skyrim on Legendary difficulty. It makes me want to kill someone how hard it can be.

Plus Warhammer 2. As Nagarythe in a ME campaign.

I’m pleased to say that Monster Hunter World has finally started to click, so this weekend it will be:

Dah-na-na-na-naaaaaaaa!

More Divinity: Original Sin 2. Just made it to Act 3. Does this game ever end?

If it’s anything like the first one, the answer is “yes, but long after it’s worn out its welcome.”

Though honestly, thanks to the armor system in 2, it pretty much had worn out its welcome by act 2 IMO.

I don’t mind the armor system but I’m not seeing a lot of interesting synergies in the combat even compared to simple stuff like Dragon Age 2. I’m just doing lots of damage. Maybe it’s my party.

The armor system outright prevents the interesting synergies that were present in the first game. Every combat primarily consists of wearing down armor with raw damage so that maybe you can do some interesting elemental stuff once the enemy is almost dead anyway.

If I ever do go back to it, I’m making an all physical damage party - armor renders the elemental stuff (which was the most fun part of 1’s combat) impotent.

But, to your original point, yeah. Those games really are way too long.

THis was my biggest gripe with later Mass Effect games too.

Especially on harder difficulties. Armor or shields blocked all secondary effects, so anything with stun, or knockback, or stasis, whatever only worked on unshielded/ unarmored enemies. But everything has shields or armor so by the time they could be used, most things were almost dead.

Great design guys, create an interesting set of powers but make 70% of them worthless due to an armor system.

More RDR2 today and probably tomorrow. I don’t think this game ever ends, does it? ;-)

Monster Hunter World. Do other games exist? At this point, it seems not. ;)

Vin – How is Grim dawn? What do you think about that one. Aside from the fact you intend to play it this weekend.

One late addition as I felt like gaming from my recliner tonight.

Still so damn good, just started chapter 6.

100 hours in, I’d say it’s pretty good. :)

Seriously though, as Diablo-likes go, it’s the best one out there at the moment (very much including D3). Good systems, good loot, interesting world/story, and some actually meaningful decisions too.

LK as a strange tip for Warhammer 2: Man that mortal empires campaign is tough. I plan on trying again as Avelorn, 150 turns in and that elven island is swarming with rats, dark elves, Nord’s, and gosh knows what else.

Btw Avelorn and Nagarythe (and I accept that my spelling is terrible) was a semi-addon in War 2. A dlc I think. Cheap one.

Vin I am gonna grab it here soon.

This weekend should be a mixture of several games: AC: Odyssey, Dragon Quest XI, Yakuza 0, Edith Finch, and if the servers co-operate (not optimistic), Anthem.

Sprinkled with brief doses of Thronebreaker, MtG: Arena, Hearthstone, and Slay the Spire.

I’ll have a few goes in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, also might check out the new turn-based mode in Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

This for Space Game Junkie:

This for me:

And I’m gonna try this for the first time:

As last time I tried to play it, it ran like crap on my old PC.

Should be a great weekend!

Zelda, EF2000, Binding of Isaac, Rocket League.