What have you played in the weekend?

Last night I finished up the first story of Frostpunk and it is refreshing to play a city builder that gives the player tough choices from beginning to end. There was constant tension and the atmosphere is top notch. For the climax it seems like maybe it cuts the player a little slack on surviving because I felt like everything was going to hell but I managed to get the win.

I may play Kingdom Come this weekend. I started it a week or so ago and didn’t go back to it even though I was enjoying it. For some reason it seems difficult to pick up after putting it down. I’m not sure I get the fighting yet. I’m still early on and it has been very much on rails.

I’m also anxious to start Divinity OS 2. I want to play the POE2 turn base mode but only one tactical RPG at a time.

I may also try the Anno beta since that only lasts a week.

So far it’s kind of fascinating. You start with a small crew of two, limited supplies and money, and a massive map. You cross the map in real time, encountering other caravans which you can talk to, towns to get missions and trade with, and bad guys, storms and other things. I’ve done two missions now (one I passed, one I failed because time ran out) but it’s a bit confusing. The mission I failed had me go to three waypoints. The second waypoint was almost impossible to see based on its coloring and the coloring of the map. Once I got all three waypoints, I was told to go back to town to get my reward, but I had no idea which town. That was a tad frustrating, but wow overall does this thing have potential.

You made me take a look, and then buy it.

I just found out through an email from EA that Anthem is having a demo weekend. Thanks EA, for letting me know on a Saturday night when the demo period ends the next day.

Now I’m wishing I hadn’t deleted the demo two days ago. Oh well, time to delete some stuff tonight on the hard drive so I can check it out tomorrow.

Yay!!!

NG I am thinking a lot about Far: Lost sails. That game looks visually stunning. Plus it appears to have a “game” there. Would you recommend it?

Yeah, I definitely would! It might have made my top ten of 2018 if I’d played it earlier. It may not be for everyone. It isn’t exactly challenging, and the story is told in a very impressionistic way. Some gamers might feel that “barely anything happens–you just drive to the left.” But the pacing worked for me, and learning how the vehicle worked was fun because they just let you experiment and figure it out. And the music and presentation of the world were very well done, I thought. If you like the style of it and want to play a pretty relaxing adventure in an evocative world, I’d say you should give it a go!

Too hot to play Monster Hunter World right now. Argh. :(

And, in the end I played mostly Rimworld - it has a new wind with the recently updated Combat Extended mod.

Well, I didn’t get to play Monster Hunter World as much as I wanted because it was way too hot here. Summer in Brazil is, well, complicated.

So I ended up playing a bit more of less demanding games in terms of generating heat. Not Pillars of Eternity 2, alas, because that game generates a lot more heat than it should, which is sadly common in Unity-based games. But I did enjoy a good deal of Star Traders: Frontiers, Slay the Spire, and even Divinity: Original Sin 2. Fun!

It was Conan Exiles followed up with some more Conan Exiles and then to wrap the weekend off a bit of Conan Exiles.

It got the hooks into me badly.

Welp, a ton of stuff has some out lately, so for Space Game Junkie, I’m gonna try to cover all of these:

If I have any time left for myself at all, I want to try more of this to see if I like it:

Which will likely lead me to reinstalling this for another playthrough:

Hopefully more of this as well:

And I’m currently trying to learn this, which I think I’m enjoying:

Should be a very good, yet busy weekend overall.

Perfect box quote for every Paradox game ever.

Right? Like, I’m not quiiiiiite sure. I think it’s enjoyable? I might have to push more buttons to find out.

Resident Evil 2 and AC: Syndicate.
If i have time, something else from the recent pile, maybe Monster Hunter.

Though now with the new Diablo 3 season I started a Wizard for the first time this week and have been levelling him up every chance I get so may end up not playing anything else! Most replay value in a game for me, I’m sure.

Twilight Imperium 4.

Or, if the ice storm gets too bad, find the best place to film the horrible drivers to post on YouTube.

Monster Hunter World because who doesn’t like hunting monsters?

Robothorium because thanks to a certain excellent dude for the birthday gift on Steam!

I just opened my weekend by a good long and hard bout of DCS flying multiplayer on a server called Holo Pointe. The “mission” was to fly through a building ace combat style and rack up points that way while not dying to crashes or enemy fire.

Did only a bit of the mission, as it was more of a stage to fight a series of 1v1 duels. Great fun. Awful frames/second. @Anklebiter you would love that mission.

RimWorld - post 1.0 modding is great. But I still keep dying by year 2. Oh yea, only Lost Tribe scenario…

Grim Dawn - haven’t played an ARPG in a long time, love that I can drop in and out for digestible fights to the next way point. Feels like there is incredible depth here, too, if I decide to stick with it after the first play through.

SUPERHOT - even more digestible, this is the perfect game for “I have 5 minutes and want to finish a level and feel like a badass”

I’ll play Etrian Odyssey Nexus on 3DS, maybe Diablo 3 or Breath of the Wild on Switch, and a bit of Monster Hunter World on PC.