What have you played in the weekend?

It does! The Genesis/Mega Drive era is probably my favorite SEGA era of them all. I can easily recommend so many games from that period. I just love having the ability to play my library on original hardware with such clarity and detail now. It’s awesome.

I have been playing Field of Glory 2. Have had it a while, but only more recently have I really gotten into it, and bought all the DLC. It’s really pretty amazing. My only gripe is that it becomes very confusing in the larger battles as units join together in melee. I wish there was an option to use more boardgame type icons in those situations…as it is, I prefer smaller battles.

All in all, it’s a top notch representation of how historians think ancient battles worked. Even if that’s mostly fantasy (as would be every other ancients battles game), it’s still a very interesting set of units, nations, and rules that looks terrific on the screen.

Finally finished Dragonquest 11 on the PS4 this weekend. This is a game that just kept going on and on and while it got a bit grindy towards the end, I really enjoyed it.

Played a couple of hours of Tower of Time on the PC as well. It is easy to get into and I can see myself popping in and out of this one. From what I gather, you need to tailor your combat tactics and weapon loadouts to the kind of mob you are facing. Don’t mind that at all.

DCS MiG-19 Farmer is getting released on friday, so I will be reaping imperialist oppressor souls in my awesome early 60s soviet jet!

Wow, that’s an aspect of the death of Stalin I didn’t know about @_@

Well that’s…um…I mean that’s…well…wow…yeah…

Or maybe this is better:

Huh, so that’s what Kristin Stewart has been up to these days.

My father flew F-86’s – I hope he shoots her down.

That jet is awesome fun in DCS too. A true flyin’ six shooter bringing freedom and democracy to godless communist heathens all over.

That’s a great picture! Btw the updated version of “The Hunters” has some amazing F-86 scenes that look great. Not the greatest movie in the world but the flying scenes are well done.

My father loved that plane, but one day the Wing Commander asked for volunteers for B-47s and everyone stepped back – Dad flew B-47s and B-52s the rest of his life. He still misses the Sabre!

Get him some time in VR on DCS F-86. He’ll love it! That pic is a screenshot by the way.

Is that from Firefly or something? I believe that’s the lovely Jewel Staite, no?

Yes, it’s from Firefly.

God was she cute. Fuuuuu…

Well, those bots really make me want to play that piece of crap game!

Edit: couple of Apex Legends spambots, they got taken care of, nevermind… till the next ones.

Such a shame that show ever got cancelled. Remember her twirling that parasol? Rrrrawr.

@Left_Empty huh? Wha?

It’s only Thursday, but I’m confident I’ll be playing more Gladius this weekend after the successful conclusion of my Tyranid campaign last night. Maybe Orkz next? (I’ve played and won as Imp. Guard, Space Marines, Tyranid -> so picking between Orkz and Necrons).

A little Anthem, which I actually like in freeplay mode, or whatever it’s called. This got me thinking about great older Bioware games, so I restarted Mass Effect 2. Probably that for most of the weekend.