What have you played in the weekend?

Apex Legends and SEGA Genesis. I have a brand new wireless Genesis controller arriving today and I’m really looking forward to playing some games with it on the CDX through the RetroTINK-2x this weekend. I tried to do a Streets of Rage 2 default settings completion run last week and couldn’t quite get there. Will give that another shot along with some other classic gems and more obscure games in my collection.

As palette cleanser after finishing Mass Effect: Andromeda, I’m playing Yoku’s Island Express. It is fantastic.

Trials Rising is great fun, so I’ll be playing that, as well as checking out the new update for Insurgency: Sandstorm. I also for some reason have a hankering to play Syndicate (the FPS) on PC, as I only played it on the 360 many, many years ago (and I remember the controller aiming was dubious at the time).

Busy weekend. For Space Game Junkie, I am DISGUSTINGLY excited to finally be covering the full release of this:

This also finally left early access, so I need to cover this too:

For myself, if I have time:

Should be a fantastic weekend.

Wow, Objects in Space out of EA already! Can’t wait for your take on whether it is (finally!) playable or still a (shiver) crashfest.

Finished Leon’s story in RE2 this week and just started Claire’s last night. So that. Also Warframe, Anthem, and maybe Crackdown 3.

This controller is the biz. One of the best I’ve used. I’m going to be playing games with it this weekend…

Double tap for uppercut in Streets of Rage 2 execution is dead on.

I’m playing Viewtiful Joe for the first time. Need something to keep me busy until next Friday for DMC5.

Like!

I’ve been playing it a bit over the last week to test out it’s crashiness. Not one crash in a couple of hours of play.

Even with the crashes, it’s an amazing game.

I’ve already rage quit on the excessively-long flying level, just like every Kamiya game!

Recent purchase of Sunless Skies has gotten me back into Fallen London, so both of those. Plus Magic Arena (but that’s every day).

Plus making another push at finishing off Tower of Time, with an eye towards finally starting The Witcher 3 as my RPG project for the spring. We’ll see if either of those get played.

and Far Cry 5: New PM Dawn

Probably nothing, my video-gaming has really hit a brick wall.

I’ll probably be chasing some times on the Rival leaderboard in Forza Horizon 4.
Hopefully I’ll get some time on the tv to play Red Dead Redemption 2. I only played about an hour so far.
Just started act 2 of Divinity Original Sin 2 also.

Pillars of eternity 2: Turn based. I make no apologies. It is very good… it is a different game entirely. I will report more in that thread.

and maybe

It’s an ambitious hope.

I actually fired up Crackdown 3 today for a bit. It’s more Crackdown with better signposting, as Arthur Gies said on the Rebel FM podcast at one point. I’m going to keep playing for a while, probably.

Otherwise I continue to play through the epilogues of RDR2. Just adore that game.

Grim Dawn - up to level 30, no expansions, normal-veteran mode. Great fun. Pacing also good - I find clearing one area from portal to portal is a well paved portion of this to get through per serving, around a hour (e.g. as in books where chapters can be too long, short, or just right).