What have you played in the weekend?

Damn you both! Both of you! To Hell!

And I mean that with all due respect, just so you know.

Recently captured video of @BrianRubin and @Vormithrax facing off in a parking lot:

Soul Calibur 6 Gotta prep for EVO even if I’m burned out totally by this point. At least AOW Planetfall will be out day after I get back.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses for me.

I am playing this for the first time! I’ve had my eye on this for a long time, was always waiting for further development.

I started my first game and things seemed to be going ok, but then I dug into the ceiling too close to some water and it flooded my base. I guess that’s a rite of passage :)

The Fantasy General soundtrack was one of the best soundtracks every created for a video game bar none. I remember NPR even featuring it on some show (maybe Echos?).

Ooooh, nice! I might play a little bit of it myself.

Soul Calibur 6, Wolfenstein Youngblood, Streets of Rogue.

Anthem

This is the weekend of tech tests: Gears 5 and Ghost Recon Breakpoint. And, in between, there’s of course the new season in PUGB.

teeheehee…

I played through the tutorial of Warhammer 40k Mechanicus. I think it’s intriguing but don’t the devs have mice with right buttons? The default controls don’t use it at all.
Anyone else messed with this so far? It was one of last month’s Humble Monthly revealed games.

I played it back in January and liked it quite a bit. Details leak out of my head shortly after I stop playing a game, so I don’t recall anything about the use of the right mouse button.

Nice, prepare to be invaded upon leaving the back door of the Pontiff’s room. :)

That is an area where the invaders, and those in the local covenant, are truly built to kick ass. There are hours and hours of video on youtube of people fighting in that area.

Actually except for some guys in the Crucifiction Woods area I don’t think I have run into anyone who was over buffed this time. That area and the area behind the Pontiff are used for fight clubs, something having never done I don’t really understand. But because of that there are lots of invasions and lots of fancy builds.

I ended up playing some DOOM (2016) on Sunday, a bit more Astrox Imperium, and some more WH40k Mechanicus. In the process I discovered that I’d inadvertently set my G-Sync monitor to non-turbo mode sometime recently, because no matter what I did my frame rate in games would never top 60.

Lots of class prep to do as the semester approaches, but…

…is an easy game to pop in and out of, and damn satisfying to boot.

I’m also trying to install and try out…

…but at 112 GB it’s liable to take a day just to download. How oddly nostalgic in the worst possible way.