What have you played in the weekend?

Strongly agree with @Scotch_Lufkin. I played a Human-Dwarf co-op campaign and it worked great. One thing that they have that works really well is when your co-op partner is in a battle, they can give you a bunch of units to command on the tactical map. So you don’t have to worry about waiting for your partner to carry out a battle, instead you get to participate.

It’s been that way since Shogun 2, too. A friend of mine and I are about midway through conquering Japan. I usually give him missile cavalry or all cavalry, and let him nip at the flanks while the enemy army is approaching, then charge the flanks once the enemy is engaged.

@Fishbreath have you had any issues with syncing on the Shogun multiplayer campaign? AIUI the Total War multiplayer campaigns prior to Total War Warhammer had a reputation for de-syncing and then being unfiinishable. I couldn’t find any information on whether or not they’d gotten patched up. I’d love to do a Shogun multiplayer campaign with the same friend I did Warhammer with, but we were reluctant to try it without knowing whether or not the game had been properly patched up.

Funny you should mention that—we spent the first half an hour last night troubleshooting the very same issue. It turns out I had a realm divide mod installed from time immemorial. I got rid of the mod and sent a copy of the save to my friend, and we were good going forward.

Decisive Campaigns:Barbarossa, Stellar Monarch, and Antihero. Also awaiting a new build of Afghanistan '11, which I’ll jump back into if it arrives today.

Probably more of The Divison. I am level 17 and have cleared half the map already. :D

Anyone think the season pass is worth it? I heard survival is pretty great, any idea what the final DLC will be about?

My Oculus Touch is here so the weekend will be spent sampling a whole bunch of those tech demos games. Though from my experience with Google Earth VR so far, I might not make it out of there alive!

Other things I’m thinking of playing … hmmm, maybe The Division, Watch_Dogs 2, and perhaps grit my teeth and try weather Dishonored 2 stuttering?

After today, I’m off for two weeks! Yay! I plan to get a lot of gaming time in, including…

For the blog:

For myself, a metric buttload of (since I am super hooked):

And some:

I can’t believe you run a gaming blog and also play MMOs. That’s like some sort of time paradox.

I need to knock out DMC3 then check out the last track they put out for DiRT Rally a few months ago. Need to clear my schedule for the 22nd and then Christmas.

Another weekend with The Division now that I picked up the season pass on sale – really interested in giving Survival mode a spin.

From the trailer it sounds like a base defense mode where you have to build up your defenses against increasingly difficult enemies.

Excellent. I have fond memories of that one. One of the more under appreciated games we published at GameTek and Take 2 were really kicking ass as developers imho. Interested to see what you think and how it has aged.

I played a bit of it back in the day, but it got pushed aside for TIE Fighter and such, sadly. Now that I’m getting more into it, I think it miiiiiiiiight be better than either TIE Fighter or Wing Commander III in a lot of ways. The story is exceptional, the voice acting is superb and the depth is astounding. The weakest part is the actual space combat, which isn’t BAD, it just isn’t GREAT like TIE Fighter.

Oh, I’m also having the lead designer/writer on the podcast next month. CAN’T WAIT.

FJ? Always struck me as a very smart guy. Will be interesting to see what he has to say!

I’ll play The Division thanks to the free weekend. Already played a bit last night, and made it as far as the mission I ran during one of the open beta weekends, the one to retrieve the doctor for the medical wing.

This weekend, there is only war.

Uh…Watchdogs 2.5…errr…2.

Some Warfighter card game.

Some Merchants and Mauraders board game.

I might have Comancheria…so that would be in the queue.

Also, some Overwatch and Skylandes Imaginators with the kid.

I will be wrapping up the main story line of Watch Dogs 2. It’s kind of grown on me the more I play it. After that I’m not sure. I’ve been thinking of trying Satellite Reign or Age of Decadence next, but I’m not sure.

Elder Scrolls Online. My altitis has kicked in. Leveling a stamDK and a magNB now. When will the madness end?

SteamWorld: Heist as well.

Trying to get into Distant Worlds: Universe. Again. I WILL learn you!

I finished Dishonored 2, so I’ll have to throw a dart at the ten gazillion games in my backlog and figure out what to play next!

I’ll have very little gaming time in the following weeks, but I’ll try to play Tales of Zestiria (I want to finish it before Tales of Berseria arrives in Jan 27th), Thea: The Awakening, Guild Wars 2, and perhaps a little bit of Total War: Warhammer.