What have you played in the weekend?

I’ll play some more Forza Horizon 3 for sure, and probably some Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. I’m also meaning to try Ashes of Singularity: Escalation.

The anniversary update for Diablo 3 sucked me back in, so I may try to get my last two characters up to 70, get the last couple of achievements (Xbox achievements, not Blizzard’s in-game ones; I’m not a masochist).

Also may jump into Deus Ex: Mankind Divided like I intended to last weekend, but realistically Diablo and the playoffs will probably prevent that.

I visited a friend the other day. They were playing Darkest Dungeon, which I haven’t touched since I beat it. I saw there were a few things going on I’d never seen such as antiquarians and town events. Last night I decided to fire up my copy and start a new game. Just to take a look. Then I played a few missions, just to see what played differently. Of course then I had to upgrade the stagecoach to get some new characters. And then I needed some money to upgrade a few characters, and then to buy a few trinkets, and then to . . . .

THERE CAN BE NO BRAVERY WITHOUT MADNESS!

Most likely I will be spending time on my season 9 monk in Diablo 3.

With a three day weekend coming up, I’ve got time to do two series for next week. The first is by request (many requests):

The second is because it’s about to be released on Steam, is my favorite spacey RTS (possibly my favorite RTS of all time) and I realized I’d never covered it:

For myself, I plan to get some more time in with:

Should be a good weekend. :)

Probably Diablo 3, my s09 Monk just hit 70 and I’ve almost unlocked season journey chapter 4. Need to smash through the anniversary dungeon on a fresh character as well.

Beyond that, maybe Elite Dangerous and another round of Flash Point Fire Rescue. Pretty similar to last weekend!

ESO and Diablo3. With lashings of Rim World and others.

Gonna keep playing Alien: Isolation. It’s a hoot. I also started XCOM: Enemy Unknown, which seems like something I should have started a few years ago when I bought it.

Final Fantasy XIII-2, mostly - I may even finish the story this weekend, hopefully. If I do, I may start with Lightning Returns immediately after. I’ll most likely play a bit of Guild Wars 2 as well, and perhaps a bit of SPAZ 2 now that a big update came out.

Still working my way through Divinity EE, where has this game been all my life (except for the inventory, yuck!)

Diablo 3.

Should probably play something else as well, but… there’s just too many titles that demand attention… diablo 3 is the easy way out…

(Maybe I can borrow this thread and turn it into a diary/blog…)

Today I’ll continue SteamWorld Heist. I’ll try to play faster, because I notice I spend a lot of time planning movement in this 2D platform xcom. If I don’t, I’ll never get to the other games I started last weekend. I’ll also mess around with KotOR, trying to map the PS4 controller to play it (courtesy of the Steam Beta’s added native controller support).

I started Treasure Planet last weekend, and ran into a bug where the game hates your super modern 1000 polls/second mouse, plus a second bug/workaround that caused me to skip the tutorial and start at the first level right away. If I can find an older mouse I’ll try it again.

I also started Unity of Command, and was wondering why the 1st level is so lopsidedly easy with hardly any opposition units, and failed to make objective in time. Got some learning to do!

I am playing Chaser. Slovakian FPS from 2003. It is by far the worst piece of shit I have ever had the displeasure of playing. Worst game ever. Here, have a screenshot:

http://abload.de/img/39670_20170114090538_efpvg.png

I distinctly recall having that from some bargain bin like in 2004-ish and hearing it wasn’t bad, but I could never get the damn thing to install. Some weird incompatibility would just hang the installer every time and I just gave up eventually.

Am I crazy to think that was like some super early Techland game? To the Googles!

Edit - Turned out the Techland one I also played was Chrome. The titles blurred in my head.

Chrome was impressive in that it was made entirely in Java if I remember correctly; it also had a pretty nice engine for its time.

I’ve been playing around a bit with latest release of Mental Omega, the only Red Alert 2 mod that matters. It’s neat but has so much new content that it’s hard to wrap your head around it all. It also doesn’t help that I’ve apparently gotten really, really bad at Red Alert 2.

I have a steam version from some bundle and it works well, technically. Crash here and there, but I finished it.

It was the worst game I have ever played. The level design is just…mindblowingly bad:

Everyone, go play it so I am not the only one with PTSD!

As did I. I love the song the band is playing in Lola’s bar. I actually stopped playing for a bit to just listen to it on headphones. This game is really full of cool stuff.

Ouch. That really looks worse than anything I’ve ever seen. Why do this to yourself though!? Did you loose a bet or something!?

I played it at the time. I commend you for your dedication :) Unless that was Chrome.