What have you played in the weekend?

Nailed it. Grim Dawn all weekend. I wrapped up Normal last night, but don’t think I’ll press on into Elite. The combat was exquisite but the loot and map layouts left a lot to be desired. Having a dozen different types of damage/resist that can roll on gear doesn’t help. Makes me appreciate Diablo 3’s smart loot system even more after going 30->45 with minimal upgrades.

I did exactly the flying I planned on, which is very unusual for me.

I will check that out at some point, been curious about that series, thanks!

Was a lazy weekend at home so got a lot of gaming in on the new Vita - split my time between Persona 3 (shame they had to castrate the cut-scenes and navigation somewhat), replaying Suikoden for the first time since 1996, and FF X. Had forgotten how excellent the music in Suikoden was.

It’s the worst part of the entire series.

That’s what I read. I don’t understand why games like that and Tomb Raider throw in these weird boss mechanics near the end. These aren’t games that need these types of fights. I ended up watching a YouTube video that was “Stand here. Hit the sap when it spawns and when he beats you about the ears he just drops you down.”

U3 seems a little short, though. I’m only about 2 hours in and already 20% in.

Don’t worry, it’s not meaningfully shorter than the other games. They’re all actually quite lengthy.

Thanks.

I’ve been very happy with the series. They’ve been worth the cost of the PS4 alone.

FWIW I actually thought the third Uncharted game as pretty fun and I enjoyed it overall, or that’s my recollection at least. I don’t know what folks didn’t like about 3, but to me it feels like it fits just fine in the franchise.

So this weekend I’ll be going back to the 90s for the blog with:

Plus some:

For myself, as I just got it from the Humble Bundle, wanna dive into:

Should be a great weekend. :)

You going to be streaming any of those, Brian? I think you said/wrote somewhere that it would be the Star Wolves game, but I don’t remember where (maybe in this thread, even?).

The Star Wolves videos will be going up next week.

Uncharted 3

Let’s see… Tales of Berseria would be my first choice, but it has an AI bug that I’d rather see fixed before I keep going, so I’m not sure if I’ll play it this weekend or not. My other choices are Disgaea 2, Final Fantasy Type-0 HD, Lightning Returns, and Crosscode, with a bit of Guild Wars 2, of course.

The main game I’ll be playing is when is baby born and, depending on that outcome it will determine what else. If not until Sunday/ Monday, I’ll be queuing up some Witcher 3 action (and probably at least some tonight unless…), however if she comes tonight or tomorrow some Xcom 2, as the original Xcom was something I played on the tablet when my first child was born. Nothing like saving the earth while an infant sleeps on your chest ;)

Good luck with your new baby Craig!

Sovereignty:Crown of Kings, Nyheim, Minos Strategos, and Command & Colors:The Great War should all be keeping me pretty busy. I also plan to check in on the Puppy Bowl from time to time.

Board games for me. Long war game sesh tomorrow (either Normandy '44 or A Victory Denied), then a bunch of shorter stuff on Sunday pre Super Bowl. Definitely some Pandemic Legacy.

Might squeeze in some Hitman TRADEMARK this evening before the takeaway arrives.

Thanks Rob!

Wish I had time this weekend to game, damn maintenance at work…

I’ll get in a few turns of Antihero for sure.

I think I’m winding down a bit on Diablo 3, so perhaps a little less of that this weekend… hmmm. I’ll try. Definitely looking to get some hours in the MiG-15 cockpit in DCS World and a few laps in Assetto Corsa. So quite similar to last weekend…

My copies of Comancheria and Hornet Leader arrived too, so after punching counters and reading rules hopefully time for a training game or two!