What have you played in the weekend?

I paid up early for this month’s Humble Monthly Bundle, so I plan to fire up Total War : Warhammer for the first time ever. Can’t wait!

Some sort of ARPG this weekend, be it trying to “get” Path of Exile again or sticking with the familiar in Diablo III. Another 12 Hour Challenge event in the speedrun community so I might give something a whirl there, but my first choice (Ratchet and Clank PS4) looked wholly unfun to play fast and I have no backup ideas.

A little Star Trek Online, to play some of the 7th anniversary stuff.

Probably Just Cause 3.

Maybe some Total War: Warhammer. Tried it a bit already, but didn’t get very far.

Instead of Warhammer, I may try something else from the recent bundles. So many games…

Steamworld Heist on iPad, ToME, Twilight Struggle Qt3 tourney, and perhaps some board games solo if time.

Perhaps some more Diablo 3, or War in the West. I picked that up over the holidays, so I should jump in. Most likely I will be playing backport patches for work most of the weekend.

Found a copy of Infinite Space for the DS so I may check that out.

Starting up Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom this weekend. Been awhile since I played it through. Thanks, GOG!

Sometimes I think I’m insane. After finding Diablo 3 to be horribly boring a couple years ago, I gave it to someone else. Well, with people talking about seasons, I thought maybe that is the thing that will help me turn the corner. I started feeling excited like I wanted to give it a try. I actually bought the game again - I’m such a freakin’ idiot. I started a seasonal character, a witch doctor, and played through the campaign, then switched to adventure mode. The entire time I’m thinking, yep, this is still pretty boring.

After hitting level 70 and raising my paragon levels, I got some class equipment that really boosted one of my skills. I started having this weird compulsion to keep making my numbers go up even though I really didn’t find the game play enjoyable - just a step above a clicker-type game. I mean, even though I was up to torment level 4 or 5, nothing really changes. Spam attacks while avoiding exploding ice shards, arcane beams, poison pools, etc.

So now once again I have a copy of the game which I pretty much knew I wouldn’t like. I’m so stupid sometimes.

I moved on to ArcaniA today, which doesn’t have a great reputation. The writing is horrible, but I’m finding the combat adequate (better than Skyrim) and the landscape is pretty. I don’t know if I will last the entire game, but I wanted to finally give it a try and either finish it or get it off the list of games to play.

Yep. ;)

Yeah, I know that I’m probably going from one bad game to likely another :-)
Wow, the voice acting and writing are so bad in ArcaniA. But, at least with the combat I need to do some dodging and time my attacks instead of some mindless clicking on enemies. I do wonder if Diablo is better on consoles since they incorporated some dodging. I liked Victor Vran because combat was a little more involving.

Sounds like you’re half planning to buy it a third time - Blizzard are geniuses! :)

If the game bores you, I’m not sure the addition of dodging would be enough.

Oh sh*t, don’t even put that thought in my mind :-)
I do have a PS3, but luckily I barely use it so I won’t be too tempted!

I resubbed to WOW and got my main to the point I can do LFR. I also finished Uncharted 3.

So here’s what I actually played: Tales of Berseria, Atelier Sophie, and… Rimworld (finally!). With a little bit of Darkest Dungeon, Samurai Warriors 4-II and God Eater 2 Rage Burst.

I played… Antihero obviously, but also picked up Dark Souls 3 again, and finally finished the Smouldering Lake after killing the Old Demon King. In keeping with my Dark Souls history, underground areas are my least favorite, and this was no exception. And probably why I set the game aside for a few months… But now I moved on to Irithyll of the Boreal Valley, and I am 4 bonfires in and enjoying the game again. Not sure who awaits me beyond this next boss door.

Actually played: Nioh and nothing else. Lost a day to mandated social activities.

Tomorrow morning, my fiancee goes out of town for three nights, I get a half day on Friday AND Monday off, so I will have a TON of gaming time this weekend. For the blog I’m gonna hit:

And, by request (I emphasize that since I’m not choosing this on my own):

Plus some of this in prep for next weekend’s streaming event:

For myself, I just finally got this:

So it’s likely much of my time will be spent with that, but I should be able to also hit:

Should be a damned great weekend.

X Rebirth is a much better game now. Maybe try a sandbox mode instead of the campaign? Maybe it will “click” (though the campaign has some awesome BSG-like moments).

As for me, hmmmm, I’ll probably play Tales of Berseria and Atelier Sophie the most, but I want a little variation. So I’ll probably play God Eater 2, or Samurai Warriors 4-II, or Cogmind, or Rimworld, or something else. I’ll let you all know on Monday. :)

What the heck is “Holy Potatoes We’re in Space!” That sounds like my kind of game. My kind of title anyway.

Afghanistan '11 is entering the home stretch, so I imagine I’ll be putting a lot of time into that. I have a hankering for something shiny but not Early Access. I’m thinking of finally grabbing Banner Saga 2, although if Realpolitik turns out better than expected I might get that instead.