What have you played in the weekend?

Afghanistan '11, Z:Year One, Twilight Struggle tournament game, Realpolitiks, Minos Strategos, and finally Command & Colors:The Great War

If that sounds like a serious investment of time, remember that most of them are board-game like in which a complete game can be played in an hour or less.

There’s a chance I’ll have some serious gaming time this weekend (and a few days after, since it’s Carnaval in Brazil), so I’ll probably get to finally play a few things I had been planning too - things like Total Warhammer, Samurai Warriors 4-II, Fallout 4 and the like. So I’m probably going to play it by ear, so to speak, and let you know later what I played. ;)

Moving can be an exiting time! We have always had to make a housing choice with little time to consider. Typically we make a house hunting trip that gives us about 3 days to see what’s available and make an offer because we don’t like to rent and put our stuff in storage. One time was very stressful because we only had about 2 months to sell our house so we could buy one in our new location.

It’s a lot of fun getting into a new house when it all goes relatively smoothly! Good luck!

Whoa, that’s like, deep, dude.

Just picked up Battle Brothers. Man, this is really amazing so far!

Spelling mistakes are awesome when they actually spell another word!

I feel you. The most stressful times in my life are always when I need to move. I just hate it. That’s why I always hated the end of Spring semesters in college. I always had in the back of my mind that I had to study for finals and then come back and pack everything to either move back across the state, or to arrange someone local to keep my stuff for the summer, or to rent a storage space for the summer. And I always put it off as much as I could, which always added to the stress. So my finals in Spring were always stressful and shitty compared to Fall semester finals.

I should be finishing up my time with Stardew Valley, which has kept me playing more than I expected it to. It has an uncanny way of keeping me interested to improve this or improve that a little, complete another thing in the community center, see what building I can build. I suspect this is the feeling that Diablo is supposed to create for me but doesn’t. Who knew I would enjoy a cutesy farm themed game more than killing monsters.

This weekend I’ve a massive multi-hour streaming event in:

So that might be it for the blog. For myself, some of this with mods:

Plus more of this. Lots more:

As well as more of this:

Should be a great weekend.

I’ve already liberated many of the provinces in Just Cause 3, and have done my share of meandering around blowing up random stuff, so this weekend I want to finish up the story missions.

After that, it’s time to finally start Mass Effect 3 and complete the trilogy.

Is that Jumpgate game related to the Jumpgate MMO?

It IS the MMO! Some Russians resurrected it a couple years back, and now it’s completely free to play! Join us!

http://jumpgate-tri.org/

I’m thinking of giving either Banner Saga (first one) or Legends of Eisenwald a shot this weekend. After Dead State I’m really in the mood for more tactical tbs.

Antihero and I reinstalled PvZ Garden Warfare 2, so some of that also!

I’m shedding manly tears right now. :)

@BrianRubin please update the X-rebirth thread with the mods you plan on using (and specifically, why)! I wanted to get into the game for a while now but I don’t even know where to begin. Apparently campaign isn’t the recommended way to learn the game.

The campaign is fine (and it does have some great moments), but it takes a while to get going.

You took the words right out of my mouth, @Bateau (BTW, why your avatar is a soldier when your handle means “boat” is left as an exercise for the reader).

LOL - let me save you the trouble - my handle comes from a somewhat rare translation of Ghost in the Shell. I only found out about the alternate spelling years later.