What have you played in the weekend?

Eternal, working through Jekk’s. Tharsis, chasing that elusive normal win. Starbound.

Torment, and the release candidate for Afghanistan '11

Mostly Tales of Berseria (I’m really close to the end now, so I’ll probably finish it this weekend). I’ll play something else if I have the time (probably Nights of Azure or Atelier Sophie), but we’ll see.

Last “geekweekend” of the winter. A lan party that starts tomorrow at 5pm and goes to Sunday 6pm. Killing Floor 2, Ashes of the Singularity, Rocket League, Dota 2 (vs bots), various driving games, StarCraft 2 arcade games and other old ones from the vault. 5 of the 6 of us are over 50 and staying up to 3 am is definitely not normal but time flies when you’re having fun.

Not a ton of time to game this weekend, but for the blog, I plan to hit, by request:

Which, fun fact, was made by the same folks who did the amazing Independence War games years later.

Also more:

If I can pass that one god damned mission I just failed three times.

For myself, if I have time, definitely more of this, as the single player campaign is amazing:

Plus a few matches of this, because I have to get gud:

Should be a solid weekend all-told.

Instead of sitting next to the transport for the first 90 seconds, try getting behind the R-41s and get a missile lock on one. As soon as the timer hits 1:30, frag two of the fighters and then disable the transport. That’ll cut the number of enemies chasing you later by 40% at the cost of 2-3 seconds up-front.

Wooooooww, I like it, thanks!

I’m also on the Tides of Whatever bandwagon - a rare instance of my playing a game shortly after release.

Horizon Zero Dawn! I’m blocking out all other games until I finish this one. Yes, even Zelda.

Zelda will be the thing I play most. Maybe a little Horizon and/or Nier Automata if I cave on that.

Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, still going strong. And some Atlantic Fleet probably.

I finally get to have Horizon Zero Dawn next week, so that’s a thing that will happen.

I’ll be playing Breath of the Wild interspersed with Horizon Zero Dawn, and possibly check out the new patch in No Man’s Sky.

Been replaying Portal 1. Might ride that wave on into Portal 2, which I never quite finished.

And, per the usual, Hearthstone.

Picked up LEGO Worlds, so will be trying that one out with the boy.

PAX East, so hopefully a lot of really cool indie stuff I haven’t heard of yet! Also, a lot of Breath of the Wild while waiting in lines, as long as the battery allows.

I’ve been playing Hitman and achieved level 20 mastery of Paris, so I’ll either do some more of the challenges or maybe try out the next map. I am curious about the professional difficulty setting too because I did make ample use of saving the game during Paris. Only getting to use 1 save would probably amp up the tension, but maybe also the frustration because it isn’t fun doing the same opening time after time.

I’m also getting a little itchy to play a strategy game of some sort. It may be time to fire up Total War Warhammer to give it another go after bailing through my first campaign. I’ve also been tempted to start up a game of the original MOO.

Now that multiplayer is in beta for Strategic Command World War II I’ll be trying that out Mano a Mano.

Well, I enjoyed Syrian Warfare (removed from sale on Steam right now), so now I’m trying Warfare and Warfare Reloaded.

Removed for political reasons? :( I feel there’s so much space for interesting games based on current events, but the app stores seem afraid to touch those topics with 10’ poles.

It sounds more like a claim that they stole content (models, I think) from someone.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/485980/discussions/0/135510393195701133/