What have you played in the weekend?

More LEGO Worlds with my son. Grinding solo in Neverwinter.

Maybe this will be the weekend I finally finish Horizon. I hope so, because I’m running out of time until Persona.

The Last of Us and WoW.

Space truckin’ in Elite Dangerous.

Changing things up this weekend with The Precursors, (I see you on the Steam forum, @BrianRubin :::waves::), Beholder and Disgaea PC.

WARFRAME or… Sleep… I guess.

Got another 5 hours left on the trial for Andromeda, probably gonna spend it in multiplayer. There’s a massive grind in the pay-to-“win” Multiplayer thing, and this time you cant even give yourself money by editing the registry, as they control it with the servers :-( Think i’ll wait until it pops up in a humble bundle or something before going for the campaign.

Mostly playing my March Madness bracket, but also been coming back around to Guild Wars 2

I’ve been playing the original Master of Orion this week and expect I’ll play some more. I’ve only won 1 out of the 4. Trying the different races is pretty fun as they play differently. My only win was a slog as I lost the council vote and had to kill everyone remaining. My last loss was via the council vote too. The AI never votes for me, even if I haven’t been fighting them.

So far, I’ve made a liar of myself, and have been spending my time on modded Silent Hunter IV. I had a good run of success with the USS Nautilus, a ‘cruiser submarine’ in the good old 1930s tradition. Rather than the piddly 3" single deck gun the 30s and 40s classes started off with, it mounted a pair of 6" cruiser guns. It’s quite slow—flank speed is about 16 knots—and dives and turns like a submersible ocean liner, but it has incredible range. At 8 knots, it has in excess of 25,000 nautical miles in the tank, and even at 14 knots, it’ll go about 12,000 nmi. I enjoyed my time with it, but it’s getting into late 1942, and I’ve started to see armed merchants as well as more persistent aerial patrols, so I traded up into a Gato-class, fresh off the ways. Shorter range and sadly inferior deck gun, but more torpedoes, better maneuverability, and much higher speed on the surface, which helps with getting into firing position for submerged torpedo attacks.

Just finished Horizon Zero Dawn. man that was satisfying. The Ubichoreness did get a little obnoxious but ultimately the game rose above that.

Master of Orion - the original, classic, and still king.

Punch Club - quirky but I’m finding it engaging.

Finishing up the Arkham Knight DLC episodes. And some Antihero.

Well, I’ve ended up playing an inordinate amount of Anomaly: Warzone Earth. Managed to beat all the missions till Mission 9: The Hackers* on Advanced (medium difficulty). I guess I don’t have the right technique or the mad split second timing skillz to beat that one on that difficulty. I even watched YouTube videos and tried to do what they do and last much less time than I did before.

*the one where they introduce the towers that shoot missiles at you which create a bubble within which your own units will shoot at you if you’re in it with them.

Does anyone remember how they did it?

It was too long ago, sorry. I don’t even remember the mission description you gave with the bubbles!

PlayED now I guess. Spent most of what time I had playing Rome2:Emperor Edition and the Caesar Augustus campaign (roman Civil War). BTW I see that the future of Pixel Privateers patches includes better inventory management, for what that’s worth. That is sorta a cool side game.

Aside from WOW anyone playing MMOs atm? Is there anything good rolling now? I go back to my Lotro characters occasionally but now that the game is hitting its end point (storywise, though perhaps publisher wise) I have lost some interest.

The day of the huge release AAA MMO seems to be over …

Well, I managed to beat it on advanced on the next try, but now it’s the next one that’s giving me fits. I always run out of power ups by the time the very last bridge rolls around.

Elder Scrolls Online is a very, very good MMO these days. It doesn’t get any worse now that Morrowind is coming as well.

Got stuck into Mass Effect 3.

I got sucked in my Mass Effect 3 as well. It feels great to be in this kind of science fiction universe again, exploring new worlds.