What have you played in the weekend?

Wait, are you guys talking about 3 or did you play Andromeda?

D’oh! You’re right, I was talking about Andromeda, though I think moss_icon was talking about Mass Effect 3. My bad, I got confused and read his post wrong.

As expected, I played Breath of the Wild and Nier: Automata. So great, the both of them.

Besides all of the above I mentioned, I ended up playing a bunch of Dead Effect 2. After rage quitting the last boss battle in Titanfall 2, I wanted something I could just jump into and enjoy, and Dead Effect 2 was perrrrrrrfect. Did a story mission and a bunch of side missions and had a blast. Man what a gem of a FPS that is.

Is it really? I mean, I saw one of Tom’s YouTube videos with this and I know he liked it, but it looked about as generic as could be to me.

It also runs on tablets, so GRAPHICS-wise it’s not the best, but it’s got layers upon layers of greatness. A story campaign, side missions that can be infinitely replayed, multiple characters with their own stats that can be upgraded, along with armor and implants that can be upgraded. Weapons that can individually be upgraded and enhanced with their own buffs. You also have powers as well!

A wide, wide variety of toys, from knives and axes to crossbows, acid guns, plasma rifles and much more. It’s really great. And unlike SOME games that overwhelm you with gear and choice and wrap it up in a really crappy UI (I’m looking at you both Pixel Pirates and Shadow Warrior 2), this game feels just right in the amount of loot you find and can buy, as well as upgrades for said loot.

Also, story and side missions can be played in single player and 3-person coop, which is a ton of fun. We just did a lengthy play session a week or so ago if you want a look see.

Seriously, it goes on sale all the time and has a TON of content. It’s just so fun.

Edit: OMG it’s on sale right now! WORTH IT!

I put in a solid 8 hours of Horizon this weekend, stopped only by my controller needing to charge. Of course, most of that was spent tooling around in the world (holy crap, Thunderjaw fights are intense) so I didn’t make much story progress, but enough that the plot is starting to drive towards the ending – really looking forward to getting some more time in tonight and maybe having questions answered.

I was playing Mass Effect 3, I just never got round to it for 5 years :)

I actually started ME3 a couple of weeks ago, and probably should have continued it over the weekend. Instead I played Star Ruler 2, and fired up Mad Max for a bit.

I played Elite Dangerous all weekend. I:

• Got to cadet federal level;
  • Class A’d a Cobra IV from a Class A Cobra III;
  • Class 3 engineered the three little multicannon pop-guns on said Cobra’s nose;
  • And did some other stuff.

I’ll probably engineer the Cobra’s shields, engines, and FSD tonight.

BTW i Bootis is my home system, so pop in on open and you might occasionally spot me there :)

Battle Brothers (finally) and Afghanistan '11

A lot of gaming for the blog this weekend. For the weekly series, I’ll be hitting:

Plus one-off vids of:

Depending on how much time I have. IF I have any time left over, definitely some multiplayer time with:

Should be a great weekend. :)

Nier: Automata, Toukiden 2, Breath of the Wild, and if I can find the time, Battle Brothers.

Mass Effect Andromeda and watching the first season of Arrested Development.

Ok, this is definitely the weekend that I finish Horizon. Probably. In-game completion says I’m around 80% and it feels like the story is about to wrap up.

I was going to say the standard Dwarf Fortress with a chance of Motorsport Manager, but then I remembered I have a sprint scheduled on a personal code project, and will be working on that for most of my waking hours.

I’m giving Zelda one more chance to grab me. If it fails again this weekend, I am moving on.

Plan on spending a lot of time with Horizon: Zero Dawn this weekend. I haven’t been able to play much this week, thanks to some crappy merger work that ate up all my time. I’m itching to blow off some steam by hunting some mechanical wildlife.

If all goes well, I’ll also be playing Don’t Starve Together with my wife. Took me a while to get her to try the game. Now that she’s played, she’s hooked on it. Playing with a partner make the game even more fun than just regular Don’t Starve

The two games people seem to hate at the moment: Mass Effect: Andromeda and Ghost Recon Wildlands.

Board games all day tomorrow. Will fit around that a bit of Mass Effect 3 and eke a little bit more out of the free time on Motosport Manager which I will definitely stump up for once it’s under a tenner (such a scrooge). Might fire up OOTP 17 if I have a couple of beers as that won’t demand too much brain power.