What have you played in the weekend?

Wound up playing Triple Town and Civ VI. My sister wound up suckering me into Civ VI… by reminding me how long it’s been since we played Civ IV and how much she loves this series. The thing I hate the most about VI, so far, is I feel like i am constantly going into the menu to find information that should be a click away right off the map.

I ended up playing a lot of Mass Effect Andromeda. I should write up my final thoughts in that thread, but overall it was worth playing. I also picked up Oxygen Not Included and had some fun with that and will keep poking at it here and there, played some Endless Space 2 in single player and a hefty amount in multiplayer with @ShivaX with an ongoing game that is going very well. Lastly I grabbed Dragon Quest VIII for the 3DS after finding a 12 year old email I had sent to my cousin where I was raving about it having rented it for the weekend. I don’t really recall this, but 12 year ago me’s enthusiasm was infectious, so I got a digital copy and man, it’s a lot of fun! I’m already 3 hours into it!

Man, Dragon Quest VIII is maybe my favorite JRPG ever - though as someone who for the most part doesn’t really care for JRPGs, that may not mean much.

By the way I did install Deus Ex Mankind Divided over the weekend but … didn’t actually start playing it yet. Maybe tonight!

This is cool to hear, as I’m enjoying it so far and I suspect it’s going to get better and better the more time I spend with it. Here is what I wrote to my cousin this morning about my time with the 3DS version, for anyone curious.

My time was split between Elite: Dangerous and Offworld Trading Company.

I finished Starbound. I had wanted to do some Elite Dangerous, but an electronics mishap means my fancy new homemade TrackIR head clip is at present a dead TrackIR head clip, so that fell by the wayside.

Mostly Race for the Galaxy on iOS (hit up the thread!)

Some more Witchering. Mostly just putzed around on Skellige. Largely sidequests, because with 30-60 minute stretches knocking 2-3 sidequests feels better than doing one, or part of one, main quest. Did The Last Wish, which is interesting and one of the better sidequests. Well as much as any of the sidequests featuring Geralt’s core companions are generally the best, and usually main quest quality.

Oh boy, that quest is SO much better if you read the books. Or at least the very first book, that is. :)

I feel I got enough of that context from the quest at least. Sure it might resonate more, but such is always the case. As soon as the quest title came up, and I found out what we were looking for I immediately got where they were going, since they had alluded to it previously. Which is good! Many developers would have handled that poorly, leaving those who hadn’t read the books with this unearned moment.

THIS weekend is Elder Scrolls Online Morrowind!

They’ve been advertising on Xbox One’s dashboard: Return to Morrowind! Argh. It’s so misleading. I have to keep reminding myself it’s not a remake of Morrowind using Skyrim mechanics or whatever, it’s just a new area in an MMO that I didn’t enjoy all that much.

If you haven’t played ESO since release, it’s come a looooooooooooooooooong way. Still not a long-term MMO you live in, but that’s for the best anyway, isn’t it?

I been spending way too much time dorking around in LotRO. Got my Runekeeper into Mirkwood, my Warden has been diving into the anniversary quests, and I’ve leveled a Beoring and Hunter into their 30’s.

So I sat down to broaden my horizons with Just Cause 3 and had a great time playing through the Mech DLC last night. On one hand I feel the game might be a little long, on the other hand I know I’ll miss it when I finish it.

Oh god, I haven’t even done Coldharbour, yet!

You go, girl.

A pair of backlog victories to announce.

Finished the base game of Titan Quest. Have the expansion too, but after the hit point slog that was the last boss battle and the endless stream of mediocre loot drops I think I’m done.

Installed The Final Station, thinking it would last a couple weeks but a rainy Sunday helped me finish my first pass through. Might try for some achievements and play the DLC before moving on.

You go, girl!

OK, can I ask what’s up with the sudden spike in “You go, girl” followups? Is it a “semi-protesty” substitute for the rather less obtrusive “likes”? (I rather liked them BTW and wish they’d come back.)

Essentially, yes. But mostly it’s a goofy replacement used to needle Stusser.

Also it is more than 5 characters so can be put up on its own.

I’d like it to stop: I purposedly avoid to refer to myself as a girl when soliloquizing, of fear of it making me horny.

When someone calls me girl, I feel pretty. And that has to stop. I am not pretty. Oh no.