What have you played in the weekend?

You go, girl.

It is still early in the week, but my long weekend starts early for me after work on Wed and I am already trying to get some games lined up.

I will probably try to finish up my 20+ hour Gal Civ III Crusade game although I am not sure how long it will take with 7 factions still left and at turn 220 on a huge map. The Altarian Resistance just gave me the rest of their territory just after I took over the faction power lead so I believe I am in good shape to finish this one out on top. I would have been in a better position if the sneaky Krynn wouldn’t have swiped the Drengin colony I just cleared the ships from with their own transport and the Drengin and Snathi gifting their empires to my competitors.

I picked up Endless Space 2, but want to finish up my Gal Civ III game first.

The new EQ server will be released on Wed and I imagine most of my time will be spent back in Norrath. This progression server will be locked at Planes of Power, when it gets there, along with LDoN for the instanced dungeons and LoY for the froglocks eventually. Link to discussion of details for the server:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/agnarr-faq-pop-locked-progression-server-coming-weds-may-24-2017.239813/

Thursday thru Sunday the wife and I will be playing Megacon Orlando exclusively.

Elite: Dangerous and Offworld Trading Company this weekend. A few more million and I’ll be able to buy and fully load a Diamonback Explorer for exploration to go along with my Cobra MkIII and Viper MkIII. If I wait a couple more days I could probably buy a Type 6 instead and load it for exploring, but I think I will just go with the DBX.

Warframe should be the main one, though I’ll try to play a good bit of Persona 5. I might give Overwatch a try (since it’s free to play this weekend), but I’m not sure. And I’ll probably play something else.

I will try to finally put an end Stephen’s Sausage Roll, if I don’t waste too much time in Low Magic Age. I have been playing the arena mode of that little jewel after remembering about it in another thread, and it is incredibly addictive…

Not much Twilight Struggle I guess, since my most regular opponent is gone trekking, so I guess I’ll try to learn how to more properly play Race for the Galaxy.

It’s a nice little ship, I had one on the way to my Asp. Takes a lot to overheat it, so good for scooping.

Speaking of which, I’ll be playing some Elite: Dangerous this weekend too! And some Zelda.

I also had a hankering to fire up Civilization 6 again, so maybe I’ll play that too.

Dragon Quest VIII for sure, I am having a lot of fun with this one (3DS), but I also just grabbed Everspace and it seems like something I can put a lot of satisfying time into. So far this is just an incredible game, so much fun!

I should add Factorio to my list since I picked it up today.

Memorial day weekend has me wanting to get back to Company of Heroes.

This week I added Phantom Dust, Rage, Hitman 360, Dead Space 2 & 3, Ori and the Blind Forest HD, Joyride Turbo 360, Castlestorm 360, Carcassonne 360, Lara Croft: Osiris, Rainbow Six: Vegas 2, Anomoly Warzone Earth 360, and Defense Grid 2 to my Xbox Collection. So instead of playing any of that stuff, I’m expecting to spend the entire weekend playing Age of Wonders III on PC, and Race for the Galaxy and Hearthstone on my tablet.

Finished up Prey (which is excellent, btw), starting to knock out my backlog. Playing Metal Gear Solid V on the PS4 Pro.

Some Chaos Reborn and some Antihero, busy no time for games weekend sadly. :(

Bit busy this weekend, but gonna have a look at Depth of Extinction (very early access).

As I completed my Attilla: Total War “This is total war” achievement" as ERE (Eastern Roman Empire) I am now playing the “Wrath of Sparta” expansion from Rome 2. As Sparta. Weird campaign for sure. And weird battles.

I put another hour into Prey on Thursday.

And this is my problem: All of the games I’m interested in require several hours at a time to fully feel like I’m immersed in them. And for reasons I don’t fully understand, I no longer have that kind of time. Something else “more important” always comes up to pull me away.

I’m loving Prey. I want to play it more.

I purchase these games fully intending to set aside many hours to play them, while at the same time knowing this is not likely to happen. But I buy them anyway, because every once in a blue moon, I do get the time, and then magic happens, and I’m transported away from my troubles.

How do the rest of you do it? How do you manage to tell Real Life to fuck off long enough to really enjoy a good game?

Anyway, yeah. More Prey is my goal this weekend.

I am ill, so not playing much*. I am into Portal Knights anyway.

Played yesterday a lot yesterday with my cousin. Is one of these games where you can play splitscreen.

* instead of something excesive

Went to my first ever Star Wars Destiny tournament at a local game store on Saturday. Wasn’t entirely sure what to expect so hoped to at least win one match.

Ended up 4-0 after the swiss rounds (12 players) to make the cut as top seed. Then won my semi and final to take out the whole thing!

Needless to say I was on a high for the rest of the day. Luck definitely played its part but I don’t remember making any misplays (a common occurrence for me!) so I think I gave myself the best possible chance to win.

If it is checkpoint based, I won’t play the game is my solution.

…and I did! Hurray, my life is complete. I am already missing this jewel of a game.

I basically don’t. As evidenced by taking 6 months to get halfway through the Witcher 3.

As for games? Some Race for the Galaxy and Ascension on my phone, as I’m camping. So no games but board games.