What have you played in the weekend?

Same here. Even as an old bachelor (I was married once for less than a year in the early 90’s but there were no children, so it pretty much doesn’t count), what with my dad having passed last year, and my mom being 80 and having two siblings that live in town, full time work + family obligations + trying to keep up with the TV shows I like means that I have to game when I get the chance here and there. Naturally it means I have a backlog from hell.

I played Prey a whole hell of a lot. Actually, I’m getting a little tired of it. Arkane steals riffs from the best of them, and looks good doing it, but they’re still stolen riffs. I’ve done everything Prey offered before, most recently in Dishonored 2.

video games: Torment: Tides of Numenera, and for some reason made a sudden left turn into a replay of Shadowrun: Dragonfall. I was playing on Hard Combat with a slightly different main character this time, and might have painted myself into a deadly corner on one run.

tabletop games: End of the Line, Sentinels of the Universe (man, I wish there was such a thing as free will. Instead there’s just following the minmaxxy optimal path as laid out by the most dedicated player if you’re playing on “the actual players” side, and if you decide not to play another game but your friends talk you into to managing the tokens and cars and so on for the villain, there’s nothing you can do except come up with villainous cliches to spout while following the strictly deterministic rules which usually favor those foolish heroes.) and 7 Wonders with a few too many expansions. Also prepping for my next D&D session, where we’ll finish “The Isle of Dread” and start up “Red Hand of DOOOooom”.

Ehhh I don’t know this weekend. Maybe try the new Starbound stable build? Also a hankering for some Rimworld.

But I might just play Zelda instead. :)

Dragon Age: Inquisition. Like… constantly. All weekend. Keep swooning over Cullen and kill some dragons with Iron Bull and all that jazz.
Should probably finish off Life is Strange as well just to get it off my harddrive, but GOD I started hating it in episode 3.
Same goes for Uncharted 1 - got the whole bundle of the remastered all previous games after finishing Uncharted 4, but the first one is reaaaallly boring. Just want to finish it.

Don’t have kids. Don’t make friends. Don’t cook food. Don’t enjoy being outdoors. Do everything else you have to do as quickly as possible, but still as good as possible to minimize bad consciense. Then PLAY for hours and hours until you get bored with it and start enjoying Real Life again.

I’ve a super busy weekend for the blog since so many games have been coming out. I’ve already spent time with this one:

Today this one is up:

And Sunday I’ll be recording this one (which I am totally loving):

If I have any time left over, it’ll likely all go to:

Since I am loving it so. Overall should be a great weekend because these are all really solid games. :)

I played uncharted 1 remastered over the week and yeah, remaster itself is great, game is still nicely enough written, but it is quite a slog to play, such infinite waves of fodder enemies. U2 is significantly less annoying in that regard.

Things I expect to play: Warframe, Fallout: New Vegas, Persona 5, Portal Knights.

I’ll try to find some time for Starbound and Starsector and maybe something else, but who knows if I’ll manage to do so.

I’m still working on MGS V, about a dozen missions into it. It’s weird… I have these multi-million dollar ocean platforms set up as my mother base, an army of soldiers at my command, the best tech gear money can buy… why am I still taking showers in a port-a-john?

Cold Waters
Dreadnought
GW2

Grim Dawn, though I think I’m finally about tapped out on that one.

Otherwise… try to get a good Horizon: Zero Dawn session in.

Dishonored 2 , some Battleborn , and some Sniper Ghost Warrior 3.

You know what finally cured me of my Grim Dawn addiction? When the game started drawing too much power from my PSU, which caused my PC to reset. I got around it for a while by underclocking the video card when I played Grim Dawn, but that slowed the game down in intense moments, and it caused me to run other games slow as well. So eventually I stopped underclocking and didn’t go back to Grim Dawn. I played it for a looooong time though. It’s digital crack. More so for me than Path of Exile or Diablo 3. It was Diablo 2 level of crack for the first time since Diablo 2.

Ha. Yeah, it’s by far my favorite ARPG at this point, though I’ve never been a huge fan of the genre. It’s funny because I totally bounced off of Titan Quest back in the day.

I beat the game on Elite but started to find it to become a drag on Ultimate. Too easy to get wiped by random DoTs, and I don’t want to spend hours worrying about stacking resistances and crafting the right potions and such. Think I’m about done, though I still have some lower level toons with alternate builds that are calling out to me a bit.

I will be dipping my toes into BrianRubin’s suggestion of Star Fleet Armada Rogue Adventures, but I am also getting another urge… an urge to run a D3 Seasonal character to 70. I haven’t done a seasonal character on console yet, and I don’t think I’ve explored out those new areas (6 months old now, I think).

Skyrim Special Edition. I tired of waiting for an SSE-compatible version of SKSE, so I grabbed SkyUI 2.2 and Categorized Favorites along with a few other mods. Only a couple of hours in so far.

I started SUPERHOT this week so I hope to finish that and Zelda: BotW, which I had to take a break from for a vacation and now just have to jump back in and get Ganon, dammit! I also bought Dirt 4 today so there will be some broadsliding too.

Skyforge (some russian/assian MMO that if you look sidewasy feel citiofheroes-ish), ESO/Morrowind. Dunno. I am really bored.

CAN’T. STOP. PLAYING. PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS.

See you next weekend.