What have you played in the weekend?

I played Destiny like I said I would. I am a man of my word. Or at least a man-shaped thingy of my word-like burbles.

I had heard some gossip from people who had experienced a few-weeks early build of the PC port indicating that it was going to be a botch job on release day, specifically they indicated they were doubtful the appropriate fixes could be made in the remaining time. Frame drops, negligible performance improvements on high end hardware, crashes, etc.

It seems likely NISA knew there wasn’t a good chance to make the set date but decided to give it a shot anyways.

For the blog this weekend, I am super excited that this came out of early access so I can dive back into it, as I had too much fun with the pre-release version:

I’m also gonna give this a try:

And of course at least one entry of:

That might be all I have time for this weekend, but I can’t really complain because I already know two of those games are amazing.

Destiny 2! Looks like my friends all bought it too, once I got it. So our little clan will likely play this a lot this weekend.

None of my friends have bought Destiny 2, anyone needs an extra hand on Xbone, I’m your huckleberry. Otherwise, maybe I’ll play a little more Day of the Tentacle, maybe start The Sexy Brutale which I’ve been hearing so much about.

Few turns of Antihero, and maybe I’ll finish mission 6 in Dishonored 2.

WOTC and Eternal.

Grim Dawn.

I have always played Grim Dawn. We have always been at war with Oceania.

Wizards of the Coast?
Wrath of the Crusader?
Whims of the Cockblocker?
Wildebeests of the Caucasus?
Watchmen on the Carpathians?
Werewolves of the Catskills?

Tooth and Tail. Easy.

I’ve seen that name a few times here and there. What is that?

A neat distillation of the foundation of an RTS into 5-10 minute matches with gameplay resembling a top-down Sacrifice, made by the same devs that made Monaco.

All of the cool kids know the answer.

If all goes well, lots of XCOM 2: War of the Chosen, Guild Wars 2, and lots and lots of Divinity Original Sin 2.

Oh yeah, Agents of Mayhem also waits for me. Not sure if I’ll have enough time for it though. ;)

That said, there are plenty of other (non-gaming) things I need to do, so que sera, sera.

I think it will be Star Wars Battleground.

It was going to be Crisis in the Kremlin but after 30 minutes of clicking on every possible button I never could figure out how to do literally anything. Hint for developers: If a user interface was already awful in 1991, don’t try to inflict it on me in this century.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 and maybe a bit of Elder Scrolls Online.

Oh, now I see, thanks to Google.

Mecha-themed pokemon-like Little Battlers eXperience. I’m trying a new thing where I go to a game store and buy a bargain bin title I’ve never heard of.

Probably also some Tooth and Tail.

Ya got me. :)