What will you play this festive season?

Time kind of slipped away from me, but we did manage to play Hidden Agenda, me, my sister and a friend. I can really recommend this on a night with a couple of friends, plus you’ll finish it on one night =)
And if you’re anything like me, you’ll want to replay it pretty much immediately to see what you missed and what other turns the story can take.

Changed the title (removed the “2017”) and time to bring this thread back to life.

So, my planned hoard to play this season:

Probably JC4
X4
XCOM 2 WOC. Just love XCOM - never really get tired of it. I would die if they ported it to iPad.
Will play some Half Life on the original engine (gulp) to celebrate 20 years. My favourite FPS ever.

Apart from that I decided I am really going to focus on the Paradox quartet: Stellaris, HOI 4, CK2 and EUIV. I have the hang of CK2 (my most played game ever) but the others I have only dipped into.

No DCS for me unfortunately as I will be taking my laptop on holiday and will not bring my Oculus or HOTAS - not enough room to pack them. A real pity as I have still a lot to learn on the Hornet and have the F-14 on preorder. That kind of bums me out because I have been looking for a block of time to really focus on DCS - instead work has been draining and I have focused on mental bubblegum like AC Origins which requires little effort.

I will probably land up playing something completely unexpected - like my subnautica obsession which came as a complete surprise last year.

Red Dead Redemption 2.

Just Cause 4. Super Smash Bros. And hopefully DCS Tomcat is out by then!

Haha, my list is probably the same one from last year! Didn’t have much gaming time this year so mostly been playing on the handhelds so didn’t finish any of those games or the other several dozen in the backlog.

I will most definitely put some time into the following from here to end of the year:

Red Dead Redemption 2
Assassin’s Creed Unity OR Syndicate
Quantum Break
Mass Effect 3
Witcher 3

This could always change… will probably pick up AC Odyssey or Origins this Black Friday…it will take lots of will power to not pop one of those shiny new ones in instead.

And picked up Torment: Numera recently and haven’t played it yet but it just made me want to replay (and actually finish) Planescape:Torment so got the new “remastered” edition.

And have a ton of 3DS and Vita games unopened. Really want to try the latest Metroid so that will get some playtime.

Ok, writing that clearly illustrates my problem. I should just pick ONE or TWO games. That’s definitely a more manageable number. Do I really not have time or have I developed a short gaming attention span as I’ve gotten older?

I hear you. I have the same problem. I didn’t mention the tons of switch games I picked up this year - and obviously I will take that with me…

I always land up building a hoard of games - have ambitions to focus on a few - and usually land up playing something else entirely as the mood takes me. In all likelihood I will spend the holiday playing Skyrim on the switch! 😂