What's happening in space (that's interesting)

Up on the ISS, Japan has released a version of the remote from Star Wars but a lot more kawaii.

Red Dwarf here we come!

Such an amazing show :)

I miss it. :(

NASA seeks Planetary Protection Officer

I wish I had the physical sciences background that they want! My only qualification is that I read a lot of sci-fi :)

I’ve conquered countless galaxies and sent my foes scurrying or made them vassals. Shouldn’t that be all the background required? I tell ya, this administration just doesn’t know how to properly staff. sigh

Never watched it. What made it so good? Serious question.

Thrusters!

It was all about the personalities and their interactions - takes a while to get to know the cast and see why it’s so much fun.

It wasn’t so much a show about space but more like a sitcom set in space. It’s about the characters and how absurd they are. It didn’t take itself seriously, which was a break from a lot of other shows in a space setting. It was British style humor, but easily available and funny.

I saw maybe a season and a half or so, I had a roommate who LOVED it. This was fairly early in the life of the show from what I understand. He had it on VHS if that describes the timeline. The problem was accessing it here in the states.

You know Season 11 aired last year? It was a markedly better season than 9 or 10, at times, I thought, approaching the kind of groove it’s remembered for. Worth checking out for a fan, I’d say.

If you have never seen it and are a fan of british humour and space, it is a must watch. So many amazing moments in the first 6 seasons, before it went off the rails a bit.

I should give it a shot. Thanks for the replies.

I was going to say give it a chance as it really hits it’s stride from season 3, when the fourth permanent character joins the crew, but not really as there are so many great episodes in 1 and 2. Besides, they are only 6-8 episode seasons anyway.

Holy cow, I just looked it up. I love the fact they are trying to keep it going. I need to check it out again.

They’re gonna have better service than I have in some spots driving around town.

First picture of SpaceX spacesuit. More in days to follow. Worth noting that this actually works (not a mockup). Already tested to double vacuum pressure. Was incredibly hard to balance esthetics and function. Easy to do either separately.

(Via Instagram)

Is it meant to be an EVA suit or more of a safety thing for the manned capsules?