What's happening in space (that's interesting)

Missed! Load the asteroid gun again!

The probe confirms organic resources found on the 3rd planet from the star. Harvesters have been dispatched.

When has a giant space coffin ever caused any harm?

It depends on whether you consider the events in Lifeforce to be disastrous or totally worth it.

That depends upon whether Iā€™m watching it on Netflix or living it in real life.

New pictures of Jupiter!

The Juno spacecraft captured this image when the spacecraft was only 11,747 miles (18,906 kilometers) from the tops of Jupiterā€™s clouds ā€” thatā€™s roughly as far as the distance between New York City and Perth, Australia.

Home town call out on NASA!

The thrusters on our adorable relic Voyager 1 still work!

Subsequent tweets reveal this is probably isnā€™t a joke, and it is the first generation Tesla Roadster, not the new one.

Elon is not your normal CEO.

I donā€™t know, the tesla only weighs 3,000 lbs. Thatā€™s only 1/10 the mass of the lunar module. Not sure what he is trying to prove? Or is he filling it with concrete?

Just marketing, dude.

I bet thereā€™s a body in the trunk.

Wow thatā€™s pic isnā€™t false color? Blue isnā€™t what I normally associate with Jupiter.

They arenā€™t going to put anything valuable like a real satilite on it as this is the first ever launch of the FH and Elon himself said it could very well fail. So heā€™s doing this gimmick instead.

And the eventual destination is mars orbit which is as good as exploded. Except for of course marketing aimed at NASA.
https://i.imgur.com/0G3aCJ2.mp4

Heā€™s just a fan of that Star Trek where they find a car floating in space and it cranks right up.

Or maybeā€¦

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/12/11/569936446/president-trump-is-sending-nasa-back-to-the-moon
Unfortunately, the headline sounds better than the actual news. Going to moon is supposed to be a stepping stone to Mars, but the Obama administration had considered an asteroid in that role. Switching back to the moon isnā€™t bad, necessarily, but isnā€™t likely to make any real difference. Especially when the money allocation is inevitably smaller than necessary.