What's happening in space (that's interesting)

Can you land rockets in KSP?

How good are you?

I played an early version for a few hours.

But the developers should add a bonus to the score, budget, tech tree or whatever for “re-using” old rockets.

There’s at least one mod I’m aware of which gives you money back for rockets with sufficient parachute or reserve fuel (provided the latter have batteries and a probe core) to land.

Neat!

Wait. You guys try to make the rocket safe? You don’t just shoot it up as far and as fast as it can go and then see if they die in space or die when they hit the ground? I guess you never killed Sims in a pool.

Nah I just go for direct launch to landing, without bothering with orbital injections and transfers.

That is very cool. Thanks for posting.

I can’t believe anyone thought Europa’s ocean wasn’t salty H2O on Europa, but now there’s more evidence it is.

One of my co-workers just told me his kids dragged him over to their friends house over the weekend because there was an astronaut there.

Turns out there really was and he got to meet one of the 12 men to have walked on the moon - Charles Duke, who is apparently over in Perth for some kind of media tour relating to Mission Control: The Unsung Heroes of Apollo.

Apparently he only spoke to him for a few minutes as he did not want to disturb what was a private gathering. I would have been speechless.

I’m surprised no one has posted about the illegal alien asteroid yet. When I’m elected President of the Sol System, I’m going to build a massive Dyson Sphere around our sun to keep these freeloaders out. And Alpha Centuri will pay for it!

LOL!5

You do realize the oil industry will never allow a Dyson sphere, since you could use it to capture solar power on an industrial scale, right?

It won’t be allowed by the UN Declaration of Sentients’ Rights anyhow, since it would deprive the other planets of sunlight and therefore will be genocide to all species of life in the outer solar system.

Bah! I plan to withdraw from the Ganymede treaty anyway. The whole ‘sunlight/genocide’ thing is a hoax from the Neptunians. Lots of people are saying so.

FYI for anyone with an extra $100k to spend:

I’ll be happy with my Apollo 11 foil.

(Gift from my wife years ago. It’s amazingly freaking cool to own pieces of Apollo 11 and Liberty Bell 7.)

I have no idea what "interpolated Himawari time-lapse " means, but it makes for a cool 30-second video