What's happening in space (that's interesting)

Won’t know for certain until they get inside and run checks, but yeah, everything seemed to go according to plan.

Cool shot of the Crew Dragon streaking through the atmosphere being tracked by a NASA plane.

Dragon%20crew

Despite NASA administrators, Jim Bridenstine, politics, I think he is truly passionate about the subject and not bad at PR.

He willingly chose work for Trump. That tells me all I need to know about him, he can fuck right off.

Exactly. Trump supporters need to DIAF.

If there’s one thing I like in my space thread, it’s joyless political scolds.

Au contraire, it was quite joyful.

In my crusade against stupid internet hyperbole infecting political discourse I would propose you change your post to “Exactly. Trump supporters are among the things I reject.” Or something like that.
Die In A Fire. That’s not civilized man! You are directly implying you wish to wage war on them. Do you really?

<./thread nanny>

Things on Mars have been exciting, if you like yet-unexplained hard drive issues. We’ve taken a few resets – first our B-side computer (which has been prime since the 200th day of surface mission, Sol 200) somehow messed up its data-products partition, so we switched to side A. Then the A-side took a couple unplanned resets. Whenever unplanned things happen to your computer on another planet, you go into high alert, so it’s been all hands on deck and we’ve been borrowing talent from other teams. We’re back on B with a freshly formatted partition and everyone’s breathing a bit easier now. The B-side is bigger (data volume wise) so it’s cushy science once again!

Let’s send him to Mars to ride the next rover, then. Is that better?

You are on the Curiosity team? That’s very cool!

Yes. I think it is ;)

Also, @fire has about the coolest job on this forum.

You officially have the best job on the forum.

When is NASA going to reveal the aliens??? :D

AI in space! http://www.futureofbusinessandtech.com/news/how-artificial-intelligence-helps-nasa

You know what I’m thinking now…

It has been many years since I’ve seen the Aurora but the forecast for tonight looks good and we have clear skies in Southern Maine so it will be a late night

Turned out the AB was a dud, at least in Southern Maine. Anyone else see it Saturday?

It showed nicely in Wisconsin.

Well, I see The Patriarchy put a stop to the plan for an all-female spacewalk.