What's in your stocking? It's the 15th Annual QT3 Secret Santa Gift Exchange

So I think I accidentally had my Qt3 Christmas just now. I’ve been getting lots of packages delivered, and two of the four that arrived from Amazon today had unwrapped items that I only realized were Secret Santa items after I read the enclosed notes. So, I just had an early Christmas, and a fun one!

I got a book that I put on my Amazon wishlist after a friend recommended it to me. He said he’s had a hard time getting into manga, but he really liked a zombie apocalypse manga called I Am A Hero. Which I can now read for myself! I do like some manga. For instance, I know enough to read it from back to front, which I had to learn the hard way. But weirdly, the manga I like I don’t even think of as manga. Uzumaki, by Junji Ito is manga, right? I like that. So we’ll see how this one turns out. Thanks, Santa, for helping me in my journey to becoming someone who can say, “Yeah, I read manga, what of it?”

I also got a DVD of the first three seasons of She-Ra and the Princess of Power. If you’ll indulge me, I kind of want to write that in all caps: SHE-RA AND THE PRINCESS OF POWER. Hmm, okay, that didn’t feel right. I must have been thinking of He-Man. This is a show that really doesn’t need to shout, since it’s got energy and enthusiasm to spare. I’ve seen the first couple episodes of the first season, and I really enjoyed its exuberance, and I was delighted to discover that Karen Fukuhara (from The Boys) is the voice of Glimmer. Secret Santa – who I’m pretty sure tipped his identity with this gift! – calls it “toothachingly saccharine” in his note, but I prefer to think of it as “relentlessly upbeat”. :) Thanks, Santa, for helping me in my journey of becoming someone who can say, “Yeah, I’ve seen all the seasons of She-Ra and the Princess of Power, what of it?”

And finally, thanks Santa, for helping me in my journey of becoming someone who can say, “Yeah, I was the guy wandering the streets in my underwear, drunk on Sterno, honking a rubber chicken in the middle of the night, what of it?”

-Tom

P.S. Santa, if there was a gift sent from a boardgaming store in Utah, can you get word to me so I can give you credit/thanks? I received something else today that I’ve been wanting to get for a while now, but I didn’t recognize the name on the return address, which makes me think it was either my Santa or one of you other jokers on this forum! Or I ordered myself while I was drunk on Sterno and then forgot.