What's the best for DL music: Kazaa, Press Play or imesh?

Hey guys…

So out of the 3 programs that I mentioned which one is better for downloading and ripping music? Kazaa and imesh are free but they bombard you with advertising! I tried imesh and got hit with advertising eventhough I wasn’t even using the program. Aweful! Spybot took care of that though. :)

Pressplay looks pretty cool but the fee is pretty high! The 3 pay options Microsoft offers you is…

a) Unlimited: Unlimited streaming & downloading. $9.95/month.
b) Unlimited Plus: Unlimited streaming & downloading and 10 Portable Downloads. $17.95/month.
c) Annual Plus: Unlimited streaming & downloading for 1 year. 120 Portable Downloads NOW. $14.95/month value (payable as $179.40 upfront).

[color=red]PS… What does portable downloads mean? Does it mean that I can download songs to an MP3 player?[/color]

I’m guessing that since your paying a fee, MS doesn’t hit you with those aweful advertisements.

So what would you guys recommend? I hate advertising as I would like to avoid them at all cost. I’m thinking pressplay.

portable downloads probably means the song isn’t bound to the machine with some DRM scheme.

Kazaa Lite.

2nd! Free, no adverts. Just watch what you download.

2nd! Free, no adverts. Just watch what you download.[/quote]

Why? Is getting a virus a problem?

also… can someone give me a link to kazaa lite?

2nd! Free, no adverts. Just watch what you download.[/quote]

Why? Is getting a virus a problem?

also… can someone give me a link to kazaa lite?[/quote]

www.kazaalite.com

wade through the sea of pop ups and download the goodness.

Also, viruses are definitely a huge problem with P2P networks. Make sure you have your virus program set to scan stuff when they download.

Use Kazaa to download Kazaa Lite.

Along with Kazaa Lite, I have had excellent luck with one of the “little guys”, WinMX.

What exactly is the difference between the two?

I think Tesla will be pretty righteous once enough people start using it.

So this is a weird question, but my boss wanted me to find some easy listening music because he discovered that the building he owns has a speaker system in the hallways. He said you must know how to download music. And to be honest, it’s been so long since the days of downloading music with Napster, then Kazaa, then BitTorrent, but it’s been so long because nowadays it’s all Spotify or other legit services. What do people use to download a bunch of songs nowadays?