What's the best I Am Legend adaptation?

I Am Legend is one of my favorite movies of all time, and it’s the only actual I Am Legend adaptation I got to see, so yeah, I vote for the Will Smith starrer.

So yeah, I expressed my love for The Last Man on Earth when this first came around, but I hadn’t seen the new one yet. I saw it a month or so ago, and holy fuck was that bad. It would have been shitty and shoddy even if it hadn’t pretended to be an adaptation of something that’s actually good.

Omega Man, in addition to its other problems, is technically inept. Like in the opening shot of Charlton Heston driving through the “deserted” city when he passes someone walking down the sidewalk. Or when he lifts up the eyelid of the infected kid and slides the tinted contact lens along with it.

Also, why didn’t the vampires just burn down his house?

Gross stupidity is a side effect of becoming a vampire.

Night of the Living Dead is the best adaptation of I Am Legend.

Last Man On Earth is the closest adaptation to the book, and the book is still the best story out of all the various options. Omega Man and I Am Legend are entertaining in their own right as “inspired by” works, so truthfully I’d tell someone unfamiliar with any of them to simpy read the book first (it’s short and an easy read), then rent all the movies and have a good time.

So true.

“Another day to live through–better get started.”

One of the best opening lines EVAR!

Really? You haven’t seen many movies, I’m guessing.