What's wrong with Penny-Arcade?

I mean, aside from the fact they’re not a fraction of how funny they were in their heydey.

The site’s been inaccessible for at least 12 hours now, and the archive has been offline since at least Thursday. There was no mention of hosting issues on the Friday news post though.

An admin says this:

Yup. Things should be a little bumpy for the next two hours and then they should be really smooth.

The best part though is he said that yesterday. Obviously, things are not smooth today, more than 2 hours later. ;)

NOTHING IS AS GOOD AS IT USED TO BE!!!

If it’s not a fraction as funny anymore, why do you care? You’re not missing anything.

Because they’re still good for a chuckle, and that’s still better than 90% of the crap out there.

Boy, that sounds like a sure-fire marketing campaign in the making:

“Penny Arcade: Less Bad than Most Everything Else”

“Penny Arcade: Come for the Nostalgia, Stay for the Disappointment”

“Penny Arcade: Not Like You Have Anything Better to Do With Your Time, Nerd”

“Penny Arcade: Because You’re Still At That Tender Age Where ‘FUCK!’ Makes Everything Funny”

“Machofive: Because Showing Real Enthusiasm Costs Me Something”

I dunno, this one works pretty well for me:

I meant “I like it”.

Yeah, the front page and the most recent two comics are back online as of a few hours ago. Parts of the archive aren’t working though. Try going back a day or two.

This is about as funny as Jim Davis drawing on 'roids (although watching him draw on 'roids might be hysterical).

P.S. Which part of this comic has to do with games again? PA barely makes the funny on topical humor that they have explain to you before you even read the comic, and this… well… other than appealing to people who like random shouting at salesmen or rabid fanatics of waffles, I don’t get it.

P.S. Which part of this comic has to do with games again? PA barely makes the funny on topical humor that they have explain to you before you even read the comic, and this… well… other than appealing to people who like random shouting at salesmen or rabid fanatics of waffles, I don’t get it.

Because that particular comic is part two. It makes a little more sense in the context of part one:

Nope, still sucks.

Yea, I mean I still a casual PA fan and I have no clue WTF these waffle comics are about. But they’re probably not for me.

Obligatory:

Gabe and Tycho were invited to Sakuracon. They felt they didn’t really belong there, so they decided to make waffles for everyone. Not really all that funny at all (actually, it really sucks).

Well, what can I say? It is not for you.

IMHO, the waffle story was a bit more amusing with the accompanying text.

Of course, the whole endeavor was designed to provoke just such an encounter: to create a situation where someone would approach us and demand that we “stop making waffles.” I’m quite certain that no person has ever, in the long and shining strand of human events, had to ask this of another person.

He’s never been to burning man. Sample quote: “Could you slow down your cupcakes, you’re really dusting our camp.” But the punk rock absurdity is always an awesome social engineering/spectator sport.

Can you beat cup and stick? or pee cup, or chickenhed? Responding to an absurd request with an absurd response it always fun. It’s like the ATHF promoters in Boston who would only comment on hairstyles from the 70’s.