What's wrong with Penny-Arcade?

Penny Arcade will always engender an equal amount of WTF for every LOL.

What’s wrong with Penny-Arcade is that for two straight weeks, I haven’t been able to pull it up at work or home. Are they hosted on TeliaSonera in Sweden or something?

Hrm… I kind of like PA, but I wonder if it’d be funnier with one character removed ala garfield w/o garfield.

Penny Arcade and Hothead announce… stuff.

-Julian

Nowhere near as consistently, but Garfield No Garfield is something special. I get more convinced with every update of the feed that it’s the way the strip was always meant to be.

Webcomic quality itself aside, their hosting has always seemed to suck terribly, often being completely unavailable, or throwing up bizarre errors. Maybe it’s just confirmation bias or something similar, but they really do seem to be hosted on Bob’s Discount Server Farm (We Also Walk Dogs).

I love the picture at the top.

I never found any humor in Penny Arcade. Oh, I’ve tried many times to “get” it’s humor, always coming away scratching my head, wondering why people think it’s funny. To each his own.

Now, “Wizard of id”, is my kind of FUNNY!!

I’m a fan of their older stuff, where more often than not their comics didn’t need an accompanying short-story. Not that I mind the columns, but it’s frustrating and saddening when the funny just isn’t enough to warrant it. Regardless, I still visit every day when I can’t think of anything better to do. Which is a lie. I’m just a slacker.

Gimme’ a break! They still have some good stuff!

ha, and so PA has linked QT3.

For people who missed it or don’t visit PA, Tycho posted this quote on the frontpage in it’s own entry:

Tom Chick is just the Goddamned king of games writers. Just… wow.

Of course we all know Tom is a hack who doesn’t even like Deus Ex and believes FUN is a four letter word.

QT3 has a frontpage?

They are talentless scumbags.

They did not enjoy their appearance on a comedy podcast booked by their publicist, so they link to the show’s website multiple times in an attempt to crash it with an influx of traffic and create a comic portraying the host as a murderer.

I know you have some crazy opinions, but I never thought you’d stoop to defending a guy with a bowtie.

Unlike Penny Arcade, he’s actually quite funny. Also, defending someone pulling a Crichton is pretty low; PA’s behavior is absolutely sociopathic. Guess they are as culturally inbred as their “humor.”

Penny Arcade humor opinion aside, because that’s a different argument…wow.

You ass. Don’t bump two-year-old threads for what is essentially a new topic. I read the whole first page before I realized the problem. If you really wanted to use an old thread, there are a few newer PA threads than this one.

I have no fucking idea what Alex is on about now (although I fear he’ll make me side with PA… and I’d hate that), but I learned about the “small penis rule”, which absolutely made my day.
… when I publish my first novel, there’ll be an army of small penised men (you know, who you are).

None with as fitting a title, though.

If only someone had made a thread to address this very point. Oh wait.

They did not enjoy their appearance on a comedy podcast booked by their publicist, so they link to the show’s website multiple times in an attempt to crash it with an influx of traffic and create a comic portraying the host as a murderer.

Not just a murderer. A chop-off-their-heads-and-feed-the-stump-blood-to-his-dog-on-a-pastrybrush murderer. That’s almost free advertising!

Edit: Found the article, as the PA site wasn’t showing it to me - WTF? So they did a cartoon on a horrible experience they had, linked to a website to explain the cartoon and the experience and now this is some kind of jihadi DDOS hack attack? Is Mr Thorn your uncle or something?

They linked to three different pages on the same domain. OH NO!